Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Free to Good Home

Seeds, free to good home. What? What did you think it was? I hope you didn't think what I thought you think.

So I have got these seeds that were given to me but I no longer want them anymore. So if you are interested in any of these, please email me at ysdavis at h o t m a i l dot c o m. These seeds do not have seed package planting info. I have found some info on Evergreen Seeds (a site which offers lots of Oriental vegetable seeds), please click on the link to get growing info.

Komatsuna
Chinese Kale - These are also known as Kai Lan or Gai Lan. I have never eaten them raw. Mom used to cook them by just stir-frying them as in spinach with garlic & chicken or shrimp.
Mibuna - I planted these but I didn't quite like the strong taste. I have tried it raw in salad and cooked(like when you cook spinach) and I didn't like it. Maybe you'd like it more than I do.
Thai Yellow Egg Eggplant - These were free seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds last year. I tried planting some but with last year's cold, wet & miserable summer weather, it didn't have a chance. Given the name, I think it probably would do much better in warmer climate.

The list below are seeds that I will be planting but would like to share the extra seeds if any of you are interested. It will be first come first served.

Carrots, Red Cored Chantenay
Fennel, Zefo Fino
Lettuce, Grand Rapids
Radish, Sparkler
Radish, Watermelon (Heirloom)

7 comments:

Lena said...

Yeay - seed list! :-) I sent you a pm about a variety I'd like to try. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. JP said...

I saw the title and thought, "oh no, someone has dropped off a dog at YD's place!!" I'd never think June or Samantha could be in that much trouble...LOL

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How nice to share what you khan't use!

That is what furiends are fur!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Those were my furst two raw pieces of food stuffs - other than some small marrow bones. One day later, nothing unusual to report! Mom will let me have some more 'soon' - she popped them in the freezer and will get one or two out to thaw in the frig from time to time!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How sweet of you to share those seeds. We don't have much luck with gardening in the clay here. We hope some others have good luck with them.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Mom doesn't just have a black thumb, it is completely toxic, so she's going to leave them to people who might not kill them on sight! (Seriously. The grocery store monitors her when she gets into the produce section!)

*kissey face*
-Fiona

CrossView said...

The title did throw me! But I didn't think you were giving up one of the girls - I didn't know what it was! LOL!

How generous of you to share! I'd love to try any seeds that no one else wants.

Life With Dogs said...

That post title did have me wondering! I'd take you up on the offer if I didn't have a brown thumb. :)