Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sam

Samantha, mommy's girl.

One day in early December of 2004, hubby was on the phone downstairs, all of a sudden I hear "Hey hon, what's your email address?" So, I gave him my email address and heard him telling the person on the phone my email. After the phonecall he said to check my email the next day and pick out the one I want but wouldn't really tell me what I was suppose to pick out. I "forced" him to tell me and when he finally gave in and told me, I cried and kept saying "I don't want a dog"(but the truth is I really wanted one and I was very happy that I'm getting one). The next day when I checked my email, I saw her and I melted:

I love the name Sam for a girl and since we have decided that we don't want to have any kids, I will name my little baby Samantha.

Samantha is a very friendly dog. When she sees neighbors walking by with their dogs, she is actually more interested in going over to say hi to the human than to the dog. But try knocking on my door, she'll bark at you like she's going to rip your head off. That is until she sees you then she'll be all over you to pat her(usually with something in her mouth - her toy or a shoe or a towel...whatever she could get at the time).

Fetching is Samantha's favorite game. She would fetch anything and everything that you throw for her, for example, a small rock, a ball, a stick, a plastic bottle...Playing in the water is another one of her favorites. I mean any place with standing water, doesn't matter if it's clean or muddy, if you don't keep an eye on her, she will be in there! Sometimes it's not such a good thing. She once went to a friend's house with us and we kept her outside the fenced in area away from the pool but somehow she found a way in(i think someone left the door open) and "splash", she jumped in the pool!!! Here's her getting sprayed with a hose by her daddy:

A year after we got Samantha we decided to get her a companion and then we found June. They are best buds. Here's them playing in the yard:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a wonderful surprise! Your honey did very well! Sam was such a beautiful puppy! Aren't Golden puppies the best puppies?

I'm sorry about my site. It's currently under construction and will return to functioning status soon -- promise. I miss it!

Blessings!
Lacy

Julie said...

What cute puppy!! Oh, I want one! She looks like a sweet girl. Give her a big hug for me.

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Awww! I want one golden too! I used to have 2 dogs, now I have kids... And dogs are definitely less work! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Please come by again.

CrossView said...

Sam is beautiful! And I love the shot of the two of them playing!

The Purple Pinkie said...

Sam is just beautiful. Goldens are the best dogs in the world!