I posted a comment on Ann's blog last week. This is something that happens to me quite often. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else.
Y: So, what would you like for dinner?
M: Oh, whatever, doesn't matter.
Y: Ok, how about we order Chinese?
M: No, I don't want Chinese.
Y: Well, pizza then.
M: Neh, don't feel like pizza
Y: (getting a little annoyed)Hamburgers?
M: I'm not in the mood for hamburgers.
Y: (getting more annoyed)Grilled chicken?
M: Hmmm...no.
Y: Well, you tell me what you want for dinner and we'll get it.
End of conversation....
While we are on the topic of what's for dinner, this was what I made for dinner last night:
Fontina-Parm Encrusted Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
2 Pork tenderloins (about 1½ – 2 Lbs each)
¼ cup Shredded Fontina Cheese
¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
a few dashes of Cayenne pepper powder (optional)
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
½ tablespoon olive oil
Instructions:
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Rinse pork tenderloins and pat dry with paper towels. Trim away some fat and remove the silvery cartilage.
3) Season the tenderloins with some salt and pepper. I never ever measure salt and pepper, so it’s up to your own taste how much to use. Do not put in too much salt as you’ll have to season the breadcrumbs as well.
4) In a pie plate, slightly beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water. Set aside. In another plate (or you could use a large ziploc bag), mix in the cheeses, breadcrumbs, garlic powder and some more salt and pepper. If you like your pork with a kick, now is the time to mix in the Cayenne pepper powder.
5) Dip the pork tenderloins in the egg mixture, be sure to coat all sides. Place the tenderloins in the breadcrumb mixture and coat generously with the mix. Or if you are using the big ziploc bag, now is the time to shake it baby. Please make sure that the bag is seal before you do so. You don’t want to have breadcrumbs all over your kitchen. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
6) Now, heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy skillet or frying pan. When the oil is nice and hot, place the tenderloins in the very hot pan to sear it. The point here is to give the meat some nice color crust before putting it into the oven. When one side is golden brown, turn to the other side. Brown all sides. It only takes a minute or 2 to do so for each side.
7) Place the tenderloins on a baking sheet or a baking dish that’s big enough to hold 2 pieces of pork tenderloins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. To test for doneness, insert an instant-read meat thermometer into the meat: the internal temperature should be about 160 degrees for medium.
8) Transfer the tenderloins to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with country-style mashed potato and corn.
So, are you drooling yet? What are you waiting for? Go make some for dinner tonight.
6 comments:
We actually Chinese food tonight. But had I read your blog first, we might have gone to the grocery store for ingredients instead! Sounds delish!
~rofl~ Yep, the discussion sounds quite familiar.
Your recipe sounds like a winner to me. ;)
It's definitely a recipe to drool over. mm-mm-good!
Thanks for the ~happy dances~ I love it! I got a giggle out them even though I didn't see the graphics. Thanks for celebrating my upstanding corn victory with me.
You're a peach!
:D
We used to have that conversation regularly.
Now I don't ask, I just make... =P
FONTINA and PARM???? Oh, my...I'll be right over! You are one serious cook. With your main dishes and my sweets - we could make serious trouble. :)
I think that his strategy worked: say no to everything and end up with gourmet heaven.
Beautifully played, Mike!
Blessings!
Lacy
Boy, does that sound like a familiar conversation from here!!!! The recipe sounds so wonderful -- much better than my flop the other night! Thanks for sharing that!. Cora
Post a Comment