It's time for a little garden update. I do not have any pictures, sorry.
Hot Pepper Wax, I think this stuff works. Other than the pea plants and one sunflower that were eaten by those bunnies prior to the spray, I have not loss any plants. The strange thing is the lettuce mix was totally undisturbed(even before the spray). I have always thought that bunnies like lettuce, guess I was wrong. I am actually tempted to get 2 carrots, spray one with the pepper wax and leave the other one as is then put it in the garden and see if the bunnies would eat the one without spray.
We've got lettuce, bok choy(a type of Chinese green), mibuna(a type of Japanese green) and radishes. I started harvesting them 2 weeks ago. Tomato plants are growing but it will be a while before we get any tomatoes. I just planted jalapeno and bell peppers yesterday. I replanted some more peas and they are just starting to sprout.
That's all for now from my little garden in upstate New York.
5 comments:
About the lettuce...I was so excited when I saw a pretty bunny rabbit on my sister's front lawn. I went back to my garden and got the small container of lettuce I was growing. The weather was getting rather hot and I knew the lettuce would soon be history, so I brought the container up to my sister's front lawn and left it for the bunny. HE NEVER TOUCHED IT! Not one bite, yet my sister has spotted him numerous times in the yard since I put the lettuce there. Has this been a hoax on us, thinking that bunnies will eat our lettuce????
Juri
I love bok choy! yummy!!!! I love the garden update. This means we'll be getting more recipes!!
Blessings!
Lacy
I agree with Lacy bok choy is yummy. I haven't had any in years.
I really enjoy your bunny updates. I hope the pepper wax is working. That's interesting about the lettuce. And now I read the rabbits in Juri's life is ignoring the lettuce too. mmm, maybe we have been hoaxed. lol
I hope you'll let us know if you do the carrot test. I love stuff like that. :D
Thanks for the happy garden update. It sounds as if it's going to be a yummy year for veggies and starting off quite nicely.
Wishing you a fabulous friday!
Dee
:D
My favorite time of year! =D
Watching all the goodies grow and then actually getting to eat it...
Do you eat the bok choy and mibuna just like any greens?
Juri, maybe you are right, we have been hoaxed!
Lacy, me too! I will post some more recipes soon. The only thing is I have to figure out the measurements. I never ever measure, only in baking when I measure.
Dee, I will be going to the grocery store this weekend and will definitely do the carrot test. But then again, do bunnies eat carrots? We all thought they eat lettuce and it turned out to be untrue. Hmmmm....
Crossview, I love watching my garden grow. I have never tried bok choy uncooked. I usually just saute it with some olive oil and garlic. Very very simple. I have never had mibuna before until now. My neighbor across the street gave me those seeds so I planted them. I put them in mixed salad greens. Do have to cut the leaves to smaller pieces as they are quite long.
Post a Comment