Remembered I said that everyone enjoyed the party except for June? Well my poor baby is terrified of loud noises and doesn't do well with crowd(that's why we very seldom throw parties at our house). With the music from the band and some fireworks, it was just too terrifying for her. I went upstairs and found her in the bathtub and she stayed there the whole night until everyone's gone. Samantha on the other hand kept whinning to go outside to be with the guests and when I let her out, she was so happy and she went to greet everyone(and I really mean everyone). But when Samantha was upstairs, she stayed in the bathroom with June to keep her company(how sweet).
We made lots of food for the party: hot dogs, hamburgers, Cajun chicken, Hot & Sweet sausages, Carolina Pulled Pork, macaroni salad, coleslaw, potato salad, baked ziti, baked beans, chips & salsa, Sun-dried tomato & Olive Tapenade, apple pies and Wave The Flag cake. I think I gain 10 pounds just written all that out. LOL!
I love the Sun-dried tomato & Olive Tapenade. It's very tasty and it's so easy to make. I realized that I have not posted any recipe for quite some time now and here's one I would like to share with you. Enjoy!
Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade
Ingredients:
8 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes, reserve the oil
2 cups each of black olive and green olives (you can use just one kind or both or use Kalamata olives)
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 cloves garlic
½ cup capers, optional
1 ½ teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, optional
salt & pepper to taste *be careful with the salt as the olives are salty already
Instructions:
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Add 4-5 tablespoons of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Process until everything is coarsely chopped. Olive tapenade should be course with some chunks, not smooth and creamy. Serve with celery sticks or crackers.
11 comments:
You threw quite a party! I especially love the look of that cake! It looks wonderful!
Woowowowowoooooooo!!!
What a great day you had sweet girls!!!!
Wish were with you!!!!!
we're drooling looking at your super American's cake!!!
it have a wonderful look!!!!!
And thanks for the recipe....mom are going to do now!!!!
we will Let you know how is the tasty!!!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
About your holiday in Tuscany...Mommy said that she'll try to give you all the information you need!!!
What do you want to know dear S&J's mommy????
Tuscany is a wonderful place to visit.....we spent lots of our holiday there and we love All the Tuscany's city!!!!!!
But....Pleaseeeeeeeeeee......do you want to be our guest for some days during your trip in Italy???
Hope yes!!!!!we'll be honored!!!!
feel free to write us!!!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!!!!
Lots of love and kisses
Oh my!
What a great pawty woo threw!
Mom says all the foods sound great!
Sorry about the khrowd and other upsetting things fur June...but it was furry nice of her sisfur to look out fur her!
Tank woo fur sharing all of this with us!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Oh, thank you for that recipe. I love everything in it so I know it'll be good.
What a good friend Samantha is to poor June. Some of our pack doesn't like noises, like when we target practice, I hate to see them scared.
Your hubby did a good job on the grill. Get you, sitting up until all hours of the morning! lol
Warren: Thank you. It was quite delicious(suprisingly).
Paco & Milo: We wish you were here. It would be so fun! Yes, mom said thanks, she will email your mom sometimes about Tuscany. Mom and dad would really love to go there. It would be so nice if they can meet with your mom and dad. How far are you boys from Firenze?
Khyra: The food was yummy! We got to "sample" some of them.
Mrs JP: I know, I hate to see her so scared. I kept trying to hug her and comfort her. Thank you, the best thing about sitting up until all hours of the morning with your neighbors is you don't have to worry about disturbing the next door neighbors...they are right there!
Yeay! What a nice party! And thank you for the recipe.....I love tapenade, especially on some homemade bread.....
Poor Sammy, but what a cute picture of her in the bathtub. Probably the best place for her though. Kane had to endure fireworks AT the dog training field since that's where we spent our 4th of July. In Schutzhund 2 and 3 trials there are gunshots during obedience, so he HAS to get used to them. I spent some time by his crate, but he was fine. :-)
Nice cake too! Your own berries? :-)
Awww! Poor June! But at least she was smart enough to hide out in the tub. That would work for tornadoes, too!
Looks like a blast! I love live bands.....
Oh sweet baby June, you break my heart :(
That looked like the best party though!
Hi there YD,
My sympathies with June. Poor baby! I hate fireworks myself. Some animals here in SA have impaled themselves on pallisade fences during fireworks time- just to get away. It's heartbreaking!
Thanks for sharing all the festivities and hugs to the pooches.
Maxdog (and Caryl) in South Africa
Lena: No, not my own berries. I didn't have quite enough of strawberries and I don't have any blueberry bushes yet.
Crossview: June has never done that before, hiding in the bathtub. I love live band too.
Farley's mom: Thank you. Yes, she broke my heart too. That's why we don't normally have parties.
Caryl & Maxdog: That's heartbreaking!
Your girls are beautiful!! So glad you stopped by my blog so I could discover your precious pooches! Looks like a fun party and you did a great job on that cake!!
Post a Comment