Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cheesecake and Swimming Dog

A few weeks ago I posted that I wanted to make some jams and liqueur. Here's the update:

1) Made 6 jars (8oz) of cherry jam.

2) Made 6 jars (8oz) of double-berry (Blueberry & Raspberry) jam.

3) Prepared 2 pint size jars of each Cherry and Red Raspberry for liqueur. Will be straining the fruits out this weekend and add sugar to the vodka. Then let it "age" for 6 months and I'll have Cherry liqueur and Raspberry liqueur.

Also made a cheesecake using the Blueberry & Raspberry jam 2 weeks ago. It was delicious! Here's the recipe for the cheesecake, it's really a very simple recipe from kraftfoods.com. This is my "go to" recipe for cheesecake and I always add different things to it to "spice" it up.

Double-berry Cheesecake

Ingredients:

1 premade graham cracker crust

2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 - 1/2 cup blueberry-raspberry jam

A handful of fresh blueberries, crushed

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, 1 at a time, mix well. Scrape sides of bowl. Add vanilla.

3) This next step is totally up to you: you could mix the jam and the crushed blueberries in with the cream cheese or you could pour 1/2 of the mix in the crust and mix the other 1/2 with jam and blueberries.

4) Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool and refrigerate for at least 4 hrs before serving.

Now go make this cheesecake and your family will love you even more! :)

I will leave you with a video of Samantha, taken during our June camping trip.

12 comments:

Maxmom said...

Hi there YD
We are impressed that you actually did it! Pity we aren't there to share the spoils....we will console ourselves with drooling.
Lots of drool
Maxdog in South Africa

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We are drooling over all of it!

Tank woo fur the Sam video too!

Such a happy Golden Girrrrl!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

CrossView said...

What a great cheesecake recipe! It has all the essentials and I never thought of adding blueberries. With our bushes, that's a great extra. I love cheesecake.

Samantha looked like she was having a great time.... =D

Mrs. JP said...

First of all, who could pass up the title to this post. Cheesecake and swimming dogs?? What's not to love :O)
Samantha is such a sweetie. Sounds like your food turned out great! Thanks for the video.

April said...

Hi there, I love your double berry cheesecake recipe! I represent cheesecake-recipes.org and we have selected this recipe to be in our Featured Cheesecake Section. Please email me so I can give you further details...
Thanks and Keep On Cookin'

April
april@gowithimg.com

Farley's Mom said...

Loooove the video! I like how she walks out so cute until it's deep enough to swim!

Scout and Freyja said...

Our momma is on a diet so she enjoyed the movie of the swimming dog...no calories☺

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

wow jams - liquers - cheesecake - you have been busy - the cheese cake recipe sounds awesome - but how do you make the liquer

Woodrow Sweetie & MJ

Lena said...

Yeay for double berry jam - in Sweden we call that mix (blueberry and raspberry) "Queen's Jam" and it's even sold in stores.

Sam looks like she's having a great time as always. Kane says he wants to camping with her. Alone. But maybe Junebug will get jealous??? :-)

warren said...

I have never met a cheesecake I didn't love. My mom makes double berry pies. I am sure double berry cheescake would be incredible!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!
We're drooling thinking at this wonderful cheescake....
We're going to tell mommy if she can do it this evening!!!!
Thanks thanks thanks for the wonderful recipe!!!!

ANd what a great video of Sammie!!!
She's a great swimmer!!!
We love swim too!!!!
And we love you a lot!!!!
MAya loves you yet!!!
We're telling her how much special you're for us!!!!
And she's honored to have friends like you...and she loves you're girls so she could ask you for girls' problems!!!
Phewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
;-)))))))))))))))
have a great day!!!
We love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Golden Samantha said...

Wow! You are so talented to buckle down and get it done!!! I'm so undisciplined when it comes to spending all day around steaming pots! I did "can" jams and jellies last year - we have grapes, apples, plums and something weird called Fejoia fruit. All can well, but do I do it? Naawwww! Thanks for the knowhow! You are awesome!
xo Sammie and ma!