Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sweet Potato Plant

Back in late January or early February I put this sweet potato in water hoping to grow it. My plan was to start it indoor and if it grows, I will try to plant some sweet potatoes this year. I'm not sure if sweet potatoes will grow here in upstate NY but I sure can try. If it grows, hoo-ray! If not, then "oh well, I tried".


About 3 weeks went by and I started to noticed roots coming out of the bottom of the sweet potato. I got a little excited to see that!




Then while we were away, it really took off growing! This is how it looks like now!




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

CrossView said...

I LOVE to do those indoors! I did a regular potato one time and had a vine going all around my kitchen. LOL! Lots of un to watch...

Scout and Freyja said...

Wishing you a Hoppity Easter that is eggs-tra special☺

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Wow! That's kind of exciting!

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I will have to try this experiment.

Golden Samantha said...

You are so creative to think of sweet potatoes from "scratch"! Hope they "come in"!! Happy Easter - have a peaceful day! Oh! And we tagged you for a meme - if you've done it already, so sorry - we've been having issues and haven't been around lately (also sorry we haven't commented - pooter and other issues).
Big Hugs to Samantha and June!
xoxoxo
Sammie

1000 Goldens said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea you could do that! Very cool, I loooove sweet taters!

Mrs. JP said...

Oh, I used to grow those when I was a little girl. I forgot about that. Good idea!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hoppy Easter!

Peeps&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I think woo two need to have your mom make woo some sweet 'tater treats!

Mochi and Bali said...

Wow! How cool! :)

Happy Easter!

Mochi

Lena said...

How fun! I had no idea you could do that! :-)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wow, that is very exciting - can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Great!!! COOL. Thanks for sharing ... you just gave my mom an idea. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar