Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Toppings

While I was eating my hamburger on Monday(posted the menu here), I can't help but wondered what others put on their hamburgers. So therefore I'm going to ask you:

What do you normally put on your hamburgers(toppings)?

For me it really depends on the hamburgers. Ok here goes:

1) For store-bought hamburger patties, it would normally be hamburger buns(those store-bought, 8-pk kind) and top with raw onions, white american cheese or swiss cheese and mustard. If I have meat sauce, then I would top it with meat sauce too. Hubby would add ketcup with the above toppings.

2) For homemade big fat(thick) burgers, now that requires better toppings. First the buns, it would have to be kaiser rolls or hard rolls. Toppings would be lettuce, tomato(only when in season, I very rarely buy tomatoes in the winter time), onions(sometimes raw sometimes fried onion strips), swiss cheese(sometimes crumble bluecheese and swiss cheese), sometimes bacon, sometimes jalapenos. No mustard or ketchup or mayo. Hubby would add steak sauce with the above and no jalapenos.

3) Doggies' turn: we eat our hamburgers raw, mixed in with dry dog food. Nom nom nom....

15 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

The two of us vote all of the above!

YUM!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Only make my own patties, no premade ones. I would give anything to find a good kaiser roll here, they don't exist - have to move back East for that. Topped iwth lots of onions and melted cheese, any kind, and a good native fresh tomato. Add a dash of spicy mustard. Now I am hungry.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! My dad said a REAL hamburger (which according to lots of guru cooks at the Food Network) only consist of a bun and Hamburger, cheese n ketchup are optional. What makes the hamburger is the meat - what kind, how it is seasoned/cooked n especially how thick it is. Mmmm now I am hungry. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Mom likes jalapenos on her hamburger! I just like hamburger - mixed with kibble or plain.

Wags and Kisses,
Wrigley

Julie said...

I LOVE a good burger. One of my favorite meals. I vary my toppings as to my mood, but I usually put mayo, ketchup, relish, lettuce, tomato, and some form of onion: raw, fried, or grilled. I don't always put cheese on it, but I certainly will if I have something particularly yummy. Never American. Blech! (Sorry. I just don't like the stuff.)

Meeka said...

Doggies can eat hamburgers too? Well, I'm gonna have a talk with mom about that cause she sure isn't sharing.

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Our Mom is a traditionalist. Ketchup, american cheese and a little mustard. She doesn't share with us.

Tucker and Daisy

P.S. The farm is in Schoharie/Gallupville. Is that near you guys?

CrossView said...

Gotta have mayonnaise! As long as I have that, I'm good. Pickles would be next. Then lettuce, tomato, mustard...

Mrs. JP said...

Mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickle. Onion if I'm eating early in the day....they make me burp. :O)
OR
If I'm feeling "old school" - mustard, catsup, and pickle like my momma used to make.

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Cheese, raw onions, ketchup... yum!

Unknown said...

Just meat and cheese...nothing fancy...heck, I can even do without the bun most of the time!

warren said...

Mayo, mustard, pickles and onions...without a doubt!

Lena said...

Baaaaaacoooooon!!! I smell bacon! Bacon, bacon, bacon.....

luv,

Kane

Scout and Freyja said...

My burger: cheese, lettuce, tomato, Miracle Whip.

Scout and Freyja: DROOL☺

inadvertent farmer said...

Onions, sweet pickles, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard on homemade buns...but no hamburger, veggie burger here!

We also do Portebello mushroom burgers on the grill with swiss cheese and sauteed onions, on french bread grilled with a little olive oil. Oh my goodness I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Kim