I have seen my friend from The Long Haul post about Menu Plan Monday week after week. Personally I think it's a great idea! Do I do it too? Not quite. But that is going to change. I have in the past just think ahead(kinda) of what I would like to make and it actually made things easier. It made buying grocery easier; it's easier on our wallets as we are not ordering out at the last minute because I don't know what to make for dinner; it is healthier too(that is if i choose to cook healtheir) because we are not eating a lot of greasy-processed-fast food or take outs.
I have heard people said that "How does she(my friend) find time to make all those delicious food, she works full-time?" Simple, she planned ahead, so she knows when to make what.
So if you have not already have a weekly menu plan, perhaps now is the time to start planning. I know I will try to do a weekly menu plan and will stick with it as much as I can.
I am not sure how well I'll be following this week's menu because hubby is severely in pain. He's got lower back problems and it seems like this time it's getting worst. He is trying to go to a new neurologist, hopefully sometime this week. He's on strong pain meds right now, so if he is up to eating, then I will cook. So here's my menu plan for this week:
Sunday - Fresh pasta with Ricotta and Walnut sauce (Didn't make it, we had leftover mac & cheese in stead)
Monday - Bison steaks and Rosti Potatoes (I will post the Rosti Potatoes recipe later this week)
Tuesday - Spaghetti with turkey meatballs
Wednesday - Southwestern Pork Tenderloin sandwich
Thursday - Chef Salad
Friday - Chicken with Cashew and rice. Or maybe Chinese take out.
Saturday - Chicken Parm Pizza
14 comments:
What a great idea! And blogging about it brings a whole new accountability to this project!
I hope your hubby feels better soon - back pain is not fun at all. :-(
We don't keep a menu plan either, but since we're on that new lifestyle change (read DIET) and following the book which has given us a menu-plan. It makes shopping and cooking a LOT easier!
Good for you - getting all organized. I hate when JP says, what are we having for dinner? and I draw a blank. There should be a plan. My goal is to always have a WSP (well stocked pantry) so if I add meat--I'm good to go.
I have back trouble and am so sympathizing with your hubby. Take good care to all of you.
What time is dinner? We are all coming:)
Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Woof! Woof! What a great idea!!! You planned YUMMY meals for the week. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar
Hi all,
I make soup every Monday. A big pot of homemade soup!! It usually lasts a week. We never never go out to eat and never get take out.
We think that Tom and my cooking is so superior to take out and most restaurants. Yes my husband helps most nights. I love a man who cooks!! The soup is first or last course. Sometimes it is the main course!!! But every week I make soup and that really helps with what's for dinner.
XXOO,Fern
Impressive! And I thought I was doing good by planning a day or two in advance. LOL!
Mom managed to khontrol her impulses fur Chinese takeout this past weekend...
Something tells me it won't work this time!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Very good idea! They all sound better than the boring ol' dog food I get day after day. Mom says she is going to try your plan next time she goes to the grocery store.
Wags and Kisses,
Wrigley
I'll be over Friday. : )
What I try to do is shop the sales and then make a list of all the possible meals I can make from what I have on hand. I'm home most days, so I can decide each day which item off the "menu" that I want to cook. Good luck.
No desserts?
Geez June and Samantha, you guys eat well!
xx Maj
Mmm, can I come eat at your house? :)
Hope hubby feels better! Back pain is no fun--I suffer with that from time-to-time.
Hey, quinoa has a very mild taste. If he likes rice, he shouldn't have a problem with it. Cook it in some broth and he'll love it.
I'm a meal-planner -- big time! I find it saves me a lot of money because I get the most out of my groceries.
Of course, I still think you accomplish more than what is humanly possible. You are a wonder, my sweet friend!
And thankfully, you share with us so we can be inspired by you!
Blessings,
Lacy
Post a Comment