Friday, June 12, 2009

Golden Friday

Samantha blogging today. I really like to put things in my mouth. When mommy and daddy get home from work, I will hurry up grab my toy or my towel or dad's socks from the laundry basket and greet them at the door. When they wake up in the morning, I will do the same. Somtimes I grab a shoe. When we have guests, I will greet them with a pair of socks or a shoe or my towel.

When I'm not greeting them, I still do the same, like when I'm just laying down in the snow or hanging out in the living room. Sometimes I even go to sleep with my toy in my mouth!
Mom said it must be a "Golden" thing(gotta have something in the mouth) because June doesn't do this at all. She is part Golden but maybe her Husky side doesn't do that?
So does any one else do the same thing I do? I would really like to know. Is it really a "Golden" thing or other doggie breeds do that too?

16 comments:

CrossView said...

I don't know the answer but now I'm curious, too!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Yes it is!

Khousin Merdie does that when she's here!

When her pees khome fur her, she'll grab the last toy she was playing with and greet them!

She also will grab 'something' as soon as she khomes in the house too!

Woo Goldens are silly! Just ask June!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

i carry my toy around - but our friends daisy and cody are goldens and they carry something all the time


woodorw sweetie mj

How Sam Sees It said...

Sam does the same thing. Whenever his people come home, he will grab whatever is on the floor - shoes, socks, his toys and happily carry it around. He will then present it to us over and over! It is adorable!

Sam's Mom

Mrs. JP said...

This was a timely post. If we'd let our dogs have toys I wonder what they'd do - they pick up sticks, their dog beds, etc. Charlie and Scrappy can't go very far in the yard without picking up sticks to play "the stick game," which Daisy feels compelled to referee by barking constantly. Violet a.k.a Turbo likes to carry her bed around the house, in fact, last night she killed it and has been downgraded to a pillow and she's also the one who likes my socks. So what I'm saying is,,,some pick up stuff and some don't at our house. If we put out toys they become a point of contention and then the battles ensue.
Yall have a great weekend.

warren said...

We had a neighborhood golden when we lived in TN and it always had something in its mouth...

Scout and Freyja said...

It's definitely a "golden thing". When Scout needs or wants to go outside, he carries his pink pig. In the morning he finds a tennis shoe to signal "it's time to get up". When he wants to play he targets his "hot dog doggie".

Our momma thinks that Scout's habit of carrying things around in his mouth makes him so precious and sweet. Geez, what is a dog to do if they don't want to carry stuff around?

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Friday!
I love to have something in my mouth too.
I have something for you on my blog, pals!:)

Thor xxx

Maxmom said...

Hi YD,
I think most goldens love to carry things around - afterall we we're originaly bred to retrieve birds, but since we have more 'non-field' goldens at home now, perhaps the urge hasn't left us. In our household, I am the one with the toys and I love sitting and 'mouthing' them all. I'm not an expert, but maybe it is a Golden thing!
lotsaluv
Max &Co in South Africa

Farley said...

I am a firm believer in greeting everyone with a toy in my mouth too. Sorta like a housewarming gift!

NCmountainwoman said...

Our Golden, Ellie, always grabs a tennis ball (sometimes two) before she greets me in the morning. She constantly carries one or two almost all the time. Our other Golden, Lucy, thinks tennis balls are fine for play, but she never carries them around.

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Daisy is a carrier and greeter. She also moans while she carries the toys. Tucker picks one up occasionally, but not as much as her.

Tucker and Daisy's Mom

Lena said...

Ah yes, even Kane likes to carry stuff around. His favorite would be the extra large jolly ball with the rope going through it. It gets "killed" at least once a day. :-)
My cats carry stuff around too. Every morning when I wake up, the kitty bumblebee toy is next to my bed! :-) Good Morning, mommy!!!

Allison Walton said...

Goldens definitely do this! Gus ALWAYS brings me and my husband something, whether it's a stuffee, or a bone.

It's so funny! Mommee always says, what do you have for me today, little man?

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Unknown said...

Yup, it's gotta be a "Golden thing" both Jack and Kona always greet me with something in their mouths...with Kona it nearly always one of my own shoes. He's figured out how to slide my closet door open with his nose and get my shoes. He never chews them, thankfully, he just carries them around! What a goof!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gorgeous goldies! I have a Westie X Lhasa who does this. He'll run to greet us and then stop, run back and grab a toy, towel or something and then run up to us. It's as if he has to hold something in his mouth because he's so excited but he knows it can't be our arms or hands or we'll squeal!