Friday, June 5, 2009

Golden Friday

We have a complain about our mom this week. Just because we love to swim in the lake or pool or lay in the muddy puddle, it doesn't mean that we like to take a bath. For some reason she thinks that we love water, so we must love to take a bath. No no no, we don't like baths. We do get yummy treats after our baths but we still don't like it. Then each time after our baths, she will try to brush our teeth, don't like that either! Look at what she did to us last weekend:

Here's how she normally does it:
- She fills the bathtub about 1/4 way with water then she calls our names. We always wonder who she'll call first and hoping that she will give up after the first one but no, when she's done with one, she'll call the next one.
- We have to put our front paws in the tub then she'll lift our back legs in the tub.
- When she's done bathing us she will say "shake shake" and we'll have to shake off the water in the tub.
- Then it's towel time(Samantha: the only thing I like about bathtime is towel time. I like to bite the towels and try to grab the towels from her)
- When towel time is over, she'll open the door and we just run out of the bathroom like a crazy banshee and then run around the house(Samantha: I will normally grab the towel from her and ran out) (June: If she forgot to close the bedroom door, I would jump up and lay in her bed!)
So how often does your human give you a bath? Do you like taking a bath? Do you get any treats after that?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love taking a bath and I jump right in while the water's running! In fact, sometimes I jump in the tub and wish I could take a bath but no one will give me one. Zeke doesn't like baths very much, though. My dad has to put him in, but he gets out by himself. We don't get any treats after baths - hmph!

See ya!
Joey

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Hi Sam and June

We don't have a bathtub in the house where we live right now, so we only get baths in really hot weather because our well water is really cold. Daisy doesn't like baths and will try and get away. Tucker doesn't mind the bath, and loves being towel dried afterwards. It's getting warmer her, so we will probably get one soon. No special treats, we should ask for them

Tucker and Daisy

CrossView said...

WHy do the canine kids look so pititful after a bath yet so proud after a romp in a muddy pond? And ours herer prefer to escape after a bath to go and roll in dirt.... *sigh*

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Woo do look soooo furry sad!

Almost as sad as I did when Mom made me khome in from a furry beaWOOtiful steady rain so she khould go to work...I even had my paws khrossed too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Psssst: I've still not had one 'here' yet!

Allison Walton said...

Haha. We don't like baths, either. But when Waldo was so sick, he was getting baths 2 times or 3 times a day, so he's no problem getting in and out of the tub now. Gus also gets in and out without us having to lift him, but he doesn't like it. Both of us get the zoomies like crazy afterwards!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

Woodrow - i get a bath twice a week - i have skin issues that require special care - i dont like the bath but it is okay

Sweetie & MJ we get bathes when we require them - we tend to get dirty alot so every other week or so

but we all get our teeth brushed every other day - and that isnt too bad

Bully Brats

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
OMDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor S&J!!!!!!!!!!!
we're sooooooooooo sorry for you!!!!
We can comprehend what you're feeling!!!!!!
WE HATE BATH like you!!!!!!!!
we try to rush very very very away from mommy when she wants washing us!!!!!!!!!!!
We get some treats after baths but for us isn't important!!!!!!!
We dont't want bathhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
We love you sweet girls!!!!!!!!!!
And you're very very very beautiful also without bath....have a wonderful weekend.....without bath!!!!!!!!!!!
;-)))))))))))))))))))

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Joey: That's funny that you like baths and you jump in the tub by yourself.

Tucker & Daisy: S&J's mom here, we had only recently got a bathtub. Before that I had to give them "showers" and it was such a pain.

Crossview: I agree, don't know what it is about mud and dirt. If I let them outside as soon as they had their baths, they would be rolling in dirt!

Khyra: Sorry your mom spoiled your rain day. Funny thing is we don't like the rain either. If it's raining out, we just hurry up go outside and hurry up and come back in.

Gus & Waldo: Maybe one day our humans will give up on giving us a bath.

Woodrow: Sorry that you have skin issues and have to take bath quite often. We hope one day you will be totally heal and don't ever have to take baths again.

Sweetie & MJ: We get our baths every month or sooner if we get very dirty.

Mrs. JP said...

That sounds like bath time at our house only Daisy and Speedbump are the only ones who'll actually get in the tub on their own.
I've got our pack thinking that "brush brush" means treats so they love to have their teeth brushed. It's amazing. I start them out as pups liking the minty taste and then after that it's like their junkies. They actually get in line, not staying in their place of course always jockeying to be next.
And the bed thing!!!!! Speedbump does that same thing and if I've shut the door - no problem - she rubs herself on ever stick of furniture.
But don't they sleep well after their baths?
Happy Weekend.

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Samantha and June!
I love taking baths!
Nice to meet you!
Stop by my blog sometime!

Thor xxx