Monday, June 8, 2009

Almost there!

Getting there...I'm 1 day closer to eating my very first home grown strawberry! I'm so excited!

16 comments:

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

Very exciting - better keep the kids away - i have to most wondeful vegetable garden that i get nothing from - my kids eat right off the plants

deb
woodrow sweetie mj

Anonymous said...

That looks like it's going to be yummy! Congratulations on growing your own strawberries!

See ya!
Joey and Zeke

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Yummy!

I had some strawzelberries last week!

Mom let me try some of the sour cherries yesterday - I wasn't into them at all!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lena said...

Yum - strawberries!
What are you going to do with the very first one? Just plain eat it?
Cut in two and share with hubby (awwwww)? Dip in whipped cream? Dip in chocolate? Dip in Coolwhip?

warren said...

Oh boy...we just started eating ours! Heaven!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Deb: Oh those strawberries are safe from the kids. They are fenced in.

Joey: It is so exciting!

Khyra: Samantha & June don't really like fruits(actually Samantha loves apples) or veggies(unless they are cooked).

Lena: You know that's a good question. Now I really have to think hard on how to enjoy it. :)

Warren: That's great! What kind?

Mrs. JP said...

woohoo! looking good.

Golden Samantha said...

It has been soooo long since I've visited - mucho apologies! Thanks, on the other hand for visiting me so much and do I love this post. I'm always raiding mom's patch - she tries so hard to keep me out, but I just can't help myself sometimes - they are the yummiest!
Hugs to you all xo
Sammie

Julie said...

Yea, you!!

CrossView said...

Now that's exciting! I LOVE strawberries and nothing tastes better than "straight from the garden"!!!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Woowowowwoooo!!!
it's very very very exciting!!!
We have eaten our 1st made at home strawberry yesterday......and was soooooooooooooooooooooo YUMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
great experience for us and sure will be the same for you!!!!!
Let us know if you like this very very sweet fruit!!!!!!!!!
We love you gorgeous girl!!!!!!!
Sweet kisses

Unknown said...

That's awesome! We are working on a garden too. We have a zuchini that is almost ready. We've never grown them before, so it's pretty exciting...

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow. Exciting is right. We're green (or would that be red?) with envy!

Thor and Jack said...

How exciting!
You better keep away, puppies!

Thor xxx

Thor and Jack said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I am very happy to meet you and I will follow your adventures.

Thor xxx

Little Ant said...

Looking great. I didn't try strawberries this year as I have such bad luck with them. Just when they're almost ready like yours, something nibbles off all of the berry. I swear its the rabbits.