Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I've been tagged

I have been tagged(for the first time) by Little Veg Patch to share six random things about moi and then tag six person.

In order to do this, I will have to follow some Tag Rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on the blog.
3) Write six random things about yourself.
4) Tag six people at the end of your post.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

And here are six random things about me:

1) I used to hate parmesan cheese or other types of sharp cheeses because I thought they smelled like vomit. But now I love'em, the sharper the better for me. I think my favorite is extra sharp Cheddar. I buy Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheddar very often to use in cooking, such as my very cheesy Mac-N-Cheese(I promise I will post a recipe some day), mashed potato, shrimp alfredo....

2) My hubby is the one who got me into canning. 3 years ago when we moved to our current place, we started planting a small garden - mainly tomatoes. We harvested lots of tomatoes and he decided to make tomato sauce. From then on I've been canning: tomato sauce, salsa, pickled jalapenos, jam, pears.

3) I LOVE Italian food and sweets. I have learned to make lasagna, stuffed shells(Thanks to Giada De Laurentiis from Food Network's Everyday Italian), Italian Christmas cookies and so on.

4) My favorite color is lilic/bluish purple, not the redish purple. This, this, this, this and this I like. Not so much of this.

5) I love Gerbera Daisies, Sunflowers and Asiatic Lilies

6) I was borned and raised in Malaysia. Came to the US in 1995.

And here are the six lucky winners I'm tagging:

Julie from Elisharose News
Debra from Sparrowgrass
Juri from My Life!
Kim from Achorn Farm
WVFarmgirl from Creating Utopia in WV
Crossview from Down A Red Dirt Lane

There you have it! You've learned something about me. To my other blogger friends whom I didn't get to tag, please feel free to play along if you would like. Please let me know that you have also played by leaving me a comment.

Have fun!

9 comments:

Little Veg Patch said...

Thanks for playing along :D I also love sunflowers, the great big giant yellows are my favourites. But the cheese, ewww no I am boring and stick to Cheddar !

CrossView said...

Ooh! I'd love to do it! Thanks for thinking of me! As soon as things settle down a bit...
Today my goal is to catch up on blogs. I'm making progress! LOL!

CrossView said...

Oh! And I want to learn how to do the canning. It intimidates me. I'm afraid I'll give my family botulism....

I LOVE Italian!

Debra said...

Thanks YD! This will be fun!
I love that kind of cheese and buy it for my family. But I confess I'd buy it even if I was the only one that liked it!
You've just got to put your mac and cheese recipe up-it sounds great!

So I'll put the rules and stuff up today.
Yep, rain again...I've been wondering why my yard looks like a rain forest...Oh well. Love, Debra

Juri said...

Thanks, this does sound like fun, and I need something fun to do!!! I have to work for the next few days, but I will be doing this soon! I have a friend who owns and runs a cheese store and get to try so many types of cheeses. Like you, I just love the sharp ones! Can't wait to read some of your recipes!

Juri

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm back from L.A. and not planning any more trips (thank goodness)!

Now I am slowly getting myself in gear with a new site and whatnot. My buddy, Kemble, has been VERY helpful but I am just too jet lagged to get much accomplished.

Wishing you all the best and offering up congratulations on your new mixer!!!

Blessings!
Lacy

Debra said...

Hi YD ! I've posted the tag stuff, and made a link to your blog. How did you ever learn to like the cheese?
-Debra

Ann said...

Oh, interesting. Do you like goat cheeses? Totally smell like FEET, but I love it! Feta? Bring it!

Giada: love all of her kitchen tools, obsessed with them. Love watching her cook.

Malaysia - would love to hear how you ended up here, have you posted about it?

Julie said...

OK, I posted the tag reply. Come see how random I am.

I, too, would like to hear how you made it here.