I guess it's back to the grind again...I was back yesterday but my mind wasn't, therefore no posting from yesterday.
Here's the run-down of what we did on Friday: We woke up a little later than usual, around 8am I think. The girls wanted to go out, so I had to get up and take them for a walk. Then it was house cleaning time, you know the usual, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, laundry, cleaning the kitchen counter and the stove...BORING.....and where was hubby this whole time?
Hubby and his nephew were doing something that involved these:
Can you figure out what they were doing? Ding ding ding....I know you are smart. They were putting up this:
After putting up the pool, they fenced it in to keep the girls out. Now, don't think for one second that the girls are being leftout. Nope, mommy always take care of her girls. They got their own little kiddie pool, so that they could do this too: 
I also managed to find time during my "such busy" day to make a batch of black raspberry jam. I only made 1 batch of 8 8oz. jars. I did take a picture of the jam but I don't have the picture ready yet. You see, we don't own a digital camera....SAY WHAT???? You are probably thinking "how could someone in this day and age not own a digital camera?" Well, we don't take a lot of pictures, so we have been putting off to buy one. I promise, as soon as I get those pictures developed from my "old-fashion" camera, I will post them.
Oh, not forgetting the cordial...I did make a small batch of black raspberry cordial. I used a 32 oz. mason jar for this. Now the recipe that I had printed out called for a pound of raspberries and 3 cups of 80 proof vodka. Well, I didn't have that much raspberry or vodka left. So I just sorta put whatever I had left in the jar. It's about half full. Now I have to wait 3-4 weeks then filter out the berries and add sugar and wait some more...at least 6 months to be exact. Let the waiting game begin....
As for the rest of the weekend, there wasn't much going on.
So how was your Fourth of July weekend?





2 comments:
A pool! I love pools! I'm getting ready to leave on a business trip and I sure will mis ours! Josh put up an above ground pool for us and I have made excellent use of that thing! I've been in it every day since we opened it!
So glad the girls weren't forgotten! LOL!
And nothing is better in the heat of summer than jumping into a pool!
Post a Comment