Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vent & Rant Wednesday

I have decided to start this "Vent & Rant Wednesday" mainly because everyone needs a place to vent or rant once in a while or in this case once a week. So dear readers, if you have something to vent or rant, please feel free to do so in the comment.

I do, however, have a requirement: please keep all your venting/ranting at G or at least PG rating. I would like to vent at R-rating but I won't, mainly because I know a lot of my readers have little ones or will be having little ones at home. So, I would greatly appreciate it if you would please refrain from using any foul language.

My vent for this week:
I dislike rich snobs!!! They think just because they are richer than someone else, they have the rights to belittle or look down at others. It really bugs we when someone does that.
To rich snobs: So what you have more money than me? So what your car or cars are bigger and newer than mine? So what if your house is the biggest in the neighborhood? It doesn't mean a thing to me! All I know is that your attitude towards others stinks and you probably have the smallest heart in the entire neighborhood!!!

7 comments:

Kristin @ Going Country said...

A whole day to vent and rant? This could be dangerous.

My rant would be similar to yours, except that I would expand it to include not just rich people (because I know some very wealthy people who are actually lovely--my parents, for example. And look at what a fabulous child they produced. :-), but pretentious people. Oh, how I loathe pretension in any form. People who wouldn't dream of eating non-organic food, people who think shopping at Goodwill is disgusting, people who think manual labor is low class. I could go on and on. But I won't. Lucky for you. :-)

Debra said...

I'm trying hard to think of something! Well, I actually HATE raccoons because they kill for the fun of it. I've had some bad experiences with them and my geese. I also really really hate loud music when you live in the country, way out here where we do, and your neighbor has lousy taste in music and doesn't care if he's bothering you....Thanks! It felt good to get that out! P.S. Don't let any old snob get you down. The truth is, what they have doesn't last! Love, Debra

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

My 2 neighbors from upstate:
Kristin, I do agree with you that some very wealthy people are indeed very lovely. We do know a few lovely and very nice wealthy people and they are very down to earth. But you know what I mean about those snobs where they think they are better than you because they have money.

Debra, (knock on wood)I have not have any bad experience with racoons yet but then again I don't live in the country(yet).

Greta said...

The village where I live has some pretentious people - they are plastic, two dimensional people who aren't interested in other people - just themselves. As you said YD they have no heart. There are lots and lots of lovely people out there who have nothing in monetary terms but are rich in other ways.

Juri said...

Oh, I missed Vent Wednesday!!! But, I sure agree with your venting about some of the wealthy people looking down their noses at those of us who are not wealthy! Some of the poorest people I know have the richest hearts and souls!!! I also share Debra's rant about raccoons! Recently a mean old raccoon killed my nesting owls...so I am definitely out to get the raccoon! I love your idea of a ranting day...we all have things to rant about!
Juri

wvfarmgirl said...

Dangerous indeed, kristin! Here's my list, just from today:

Japanese beetles
Japanese beetles
Japanese beetles

and...

Japanese beetles

I could post a whole blog of rants about work, but it would be even more boring than this comment. :)

CrossView said...

I'm stuck in a selfish mode right now. My main pet peeve is busyness.