Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm So Excited!

This is an overdue post about my new toy:



Yahoo!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Yeah!!!

My birthday was a couple of Saturdays ago and my wonderful husband gave me this KitchenAid stand mixer as a birthday present! First of all my apology to my dear husband for not posting this exciting news sooner, like as soon as when I got it. Second of all, I apologise to my dear blogger friends for not sharing this great news with you sooner.

I have been wanting one for a long long time. Each year around Christmas time places like Kohls and Linen n' Things would advertise on these and I have mentioned that perhaps I should get one while they're on sale and hubby would say "Ya, why not?". But each year I would tell myself that's just another spending, I can still use my handheld mixer and give all kinds of excuses not to buy it.

Now, if you remember from last month in one of my Friday Fill-Ins posts(you can read it here), I mentioned that birthdays are not a big deal in our household. It is true. We don't normally make a big fuss about our birthdays, just a simple "Happy Birthday honey" and a cake is usually what we do. But this time hubby thought he would surpirse me with a great gift and he also threw me a birthday party!!! OMG! I have not had a birthday party(for myself) like in ages....let's see...the last birthday party I had for myself was 12 years ago when I turned 21!

So, with this new toy of mine, I promise I'll post some recipes very very soon. :-)

9 comments:

Debra said...

This looks so nice! Your old hand-held will look very tiny compared with this beauty. Can't wait for some recipes, as long as I can still use MY old hand-held mixer! Love, Debra

P.S. What do you think of our daily thunder and rain storm weather?

Lena said...

Woo-Hoo! I'm excited with you!!!! What an awesome birthday present....and happy belated birthday by the way. Now you can make LOADS more of the raspberry sweet loaves. I made it a few weekends ago with blueberry preserves (and chocolate, of course!) and it got rave reviews.
So - what have you been baking? :-)

Country Girl said...

Happy Birthday. Congrats on the mixer, I would LOVE to own one.
We do get all excited over birthdays over her but always get useful presents for one another and cake of course. Have a nice week, Kim

CrossView said...

Ooh! Happy Birthday!
I'm jealous- In a good way...
I've been wanting one for a long time!
Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I'm out trying catch up on my visiting. I've read through a few of your latest post. I'm sooo in agreement with you about the empty paper towel & toilet paper rolls. lol It's quite annoying to think how simple a task it is and yet it seems that it's left up to us to put the new rolls on the dispensers. lol and I'm also in total agreement with you about rich snobs. I don't understand acting snobby to anyone with or without money... It's makes no sense to me.

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so excited for you about the kitchenaid mixer set. I know you'll make marvelous yummy creations with it.
Congratulations on the pool too. I know it must be a blessing in these hot days of summer!

Okay, I got to go and try to get some more visiting in.

Wishing you a fabulous rest of the week!
:D

Juri said...

I am so excited about your new Kitchen Aid!!! I love mine, which I got quite a few years ago...and it opens all new ideas for Christmas and Birthday presents...there are so many wonderful attachments for it! I have the meat grinder and the pasta maker attachments, which were gifts, too. I really couldn't live without it, I use it so often! Belated happy birthday!!!

Juri

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Debra: Thanks! Don't worry, the recipes will be suitable for hand-held and stand mixer. Bright and sunny today, no rain!
Lena: Thank you. I like you idea of using blueberry preserves and chocolate! I'm glad that my recipe worked out great for you.
Kim: I waited for a long time for that stand mixer. My hand-held mixer will be glad that it will get a break this Christmas when I make cookies.
Crossview: Oh, thank you thank you. I did have a wonderful time!
Dee: I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit! I've missed you. Hope you are having a great summer! We haven't have much time to use the pool, plus it's been raining almost everytime we have "time" to use it. Bummer...
Juri: Thanks! I would like to get the pasta maker attachment as well. But one thing at a time. I feel guilty for spending money sometimes...It's just me.

Ann said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! It's beautiful, glorious, gorgeous - GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Happy Birthday you lovely lady! What an awesome gift - you'll have it forever and use it for such great food. WHAT will be the very first thing you'll make with it I wonder? :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent! We use ours almost every day I bet. You can do everything with it. I heard it will even do your dishes if you can get the right attachment!