Monday, June 28, 2010

Horror Horror!

Samantha here, I have a complaint on mom! I do not know what she was thinking yesterday morning or if she was trying to "tell" me something.

My mom vacuumed my tail!!! I was laying on the kitchen floor, minding my own doggie business and next thing I knew, my tail was being sucked into the vacuum cleaner!!! Was she trying to tell me that I'm dirty? But that's not how you clean a puppy! What should I do wif mom? Do you think this grounds fur punishment?

YD: Mommy sincerely apologize my dear girl. Mommy is sorry for accidentally vacuumed your tail. I was vacuuming the cobb webs and didn't realize that I had pulled the vacuum too close to Samantha. Next thing I heard was my vacuum getting stuck and frantic nail clicking sounds on the floor. To my horror, Samantha's was sucked into the vacuum! I hurried and turned off the vacuum and helped her "unstuck" her tail. Poor girl, she ran right outside to the deck. I went out to hug her and kiss her and apologize to her.

Additional notes: Samantha's tail is fine. After mommy's hugs and kisses, it was wagging happily again. She didn't seem to be over-traumatized, just at that moment she was. After that she just went on as usual. I went back to vacuuming and she stayed in the same room instead of running away.

14 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Oh YD! Samantha! I know you must both have been so frightened by such a nightmare! Awwwww - so sorry to hear that happened - Samantha: I know Mommy will never do that again! How's your tail feel today? Did you ice your tail? Hope you aren't too traumatized!
Big Hugs xoxooxox
Sammie

Mrs. JP said...

OH MY!!! Samantha, Speedbump sends her deepest condolences because she knows exactly how you feel. You see, I did the exact same thing to her. She doesn't trust that vacuum at all and it happened a couple years ago. I was vacuuming along and the next thing I know Speedbump was running away with the vacuum attached to her tail.
We are sooooo sorry that happened. Mommy didn't mean to and I'm sure feels so bad.

CrossView said...

Ok, I must be a bad person because I laughed. Sorry for laughing. But that visual... But ONLY because she wasn't hurt! And I imagine Mom feels the worst!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That is worth SOOOOOOO many treats!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wowzers - now we know for sure we need to stay away from the dyson - Mom might just do the same thing:) Seriously we are glad you are OK and we know how sorry your mom is.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Anonymous said...

The vacuum is the scariest thing on earth - I don't understand the human obsession with sucking everything up! Can they not find a better way to manage dog hair? I am so sorry to hear of your trauma - I would definitely ask for extra treats to help with the healing.

Wags and Kisses,
Wrigley

Meeka said...

I'm with Wrigley. There should be a better way to clean up dog hair. I got it, a very big lint brush. It's used on clothes, why not carpet.

Lena said...

Ummm...nobody else is laughing, so I guess I'll just admit to that I am! Not that I don't love you Samantha girl, and I can understand how your dignity was affronted....but that is funny! Kinda cartoon funny! :-)
My vacuum has bitemarks on it...wanna guess from whom?

ps. Samantha - I hope you recover soon! Much love and kisses from Kane.

Mochi and Bali said...

Poor Samantha! I know your mom is so sorry about that. When I see the Dyson coming out I run into the other room and hide! :)

Mochi

Thor and Jack said...

I'm so sorry about what happenned to you, Samantha. The vacuum is very scary! Glad to hear you're ok.

1000 Goldens said...

Oh Sammie - I know your Mom feels terrible and didn't mean it one bit. We're glad your tail is okay. P.S. Try looking real sad to get more cookies anyway.

warren said...

Holy cow! I bet that was an "exciting" time. Watch out momma!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! So sorry to hear this ... glad you are okay n remember mom will learn her lesson. Golden Thanks for supporting me to be June Top UDog. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Oh poor Samantha! You stayed in the room after that? You're brave! Glad to hear you didn't get a boo-boo :)