We are back from vacation! We are glad that we took time off but we are also glad that we are back. We missed the girls terribly and we know that they missed us just as much(or if not more!). We had a great time in Florida but more on that later. This post is really about our trip back from Florida.
You see, we flew down to FL(
note to self: do not ever fly again! I got so sick even after taking 3 motion sickness pills!!!) but we drove back to NY. So I suggested to hubby that we should stop in SC to see my blog friend
Lena from Sleeping Dog Bakery. We are so glad we did!


What a lovely couple Lena and Sean are! They offered us their home to stay the night even though we really "didn't know" each other all that well other than from our blogs. We were a little nervous and so were Lena and Sean. It turned out to be a great get-together! We chatted, we laughed, we visited her garden, we petted and played with Kane the very handsome GSD, we ate homemade pizza... She made us make our own food! Actually we were glad to help in the kitchen. It was definitely great place, great food, great people and great times!


Thank you again Lena and Sean for your wonderful Southern & Swedish hospitalities! Ya'll will have to come visit us sometimes. The girls would love to play with Kane. Please check out
Lena's blog for some more photos from our get-together.
As for the ride home, I "waved" at some of you as we passed through almost all of the eastern states(FL-GA-SC-NC-VA-WV-MD-PA-NY). I would have love to stop by and visit but we really had to be home to see the dogs(June doesn't do well with other people, even family).
21 comments:
Oh, I know that you had to have a great time! Isn't amazing that this little blog world we have brings people who wouldn't know each other together as friends? I'm so glad you got home safe and I know that June and Samantha are glad to back in their routine.
Isn't Kane handsome?
What a pretty big dog. I love German Shepherds. And I hate to fly. I'm with you. Let's drive!
How nice that you could meet your blogger friends and receive such great hospitality. Bet the girls were thrilled to have you home.
Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
How khool was that!
OH YES!
He's khwite the handsome GSD!
I'm glad woo waved as woo passed through Pawsylvania!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Oh I don't like to fly either!!!
I'm a no fly girl!! I hoped you waved at me when you drove by!! Glad you got home safely. It is so fun to go but so much more fun to come home!!! I miss my animals when away!!!
Glad your home, Bambi & Fern
I bet June and Sam jumped for joy when you arrived and sniffed you and your luggage.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers driving. :)
Hey, I waved back! Next time let us know and we'll show you around the battlefield. If you have time and energy, I know what that drive is like.
What a wonderful adventure! I'm so glad that you got to meet a blogging friend!
In my experience, bloggers are the best sort of people. They are inherently generous (Why else would they share their recipes and life on the internet?).
One of these days, I hope that we can meet, too!
So gald you waved!!!
Blogging you meet the best people!!
Blogging brings like people together. I like to cook, I don't bake a lot but we are big gardeners. We grow a lot of plants. Sunday I up potted our tomatoes plants that we started from seed. And I LOVE animals!!!!
A big kiss for Sam & June, Bambi & Fern
Oh fun! Could you imagine how fantastic it would have been to stop by ALL of your bloggy friends on the way home!!?? It would have been a very long trip, but lots of laughs and smiles we would imagine. What a great visit you had though!
Bet Samantha and June were overjoyed to see you when you got home!
Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose
I'm so glad you had a good time and I'm even happier that you're back. Though I am sad that you didn't stop here! Our men could have talked military stuff and we could have hung out and talked about everything else! lol!
I understand about the nervousness but I've found that the bloggers I like are even more awesome in real life!
Glad the girls survived...
Hooray! We LOVED having you guys over. Kane especially enjoyed Mike who could throw the ball waaaaaaay longer than his mommy will ever be able to. I'm glad you enjoyed cooking as well! I love having people in my kitchen - and the collaboration we came up with was so yum. I'm glad you made it home safely - hope June feels better soon.
Ohhhhhhh I love it when blog friends meet for real - that is so cool, and we are very happy you had fun :)
What a gorgeous dog, and it is so much fun to meet blogger friends! I am dying to meet so many folks I've met through blogging!
Next time, you should visit Jawja!
That would be so awesome!!!
They can talk guns adn they can even go out shooting. We're in the woods. LOL!
We have food and gardening and marriage and military men and all kinds of things to talk about. Or we could just go shopping. ;o)
Hope your trip through portions of WV was good...I bet you went through my town! Stop by next time you're in Charleston, WV!
YEPYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
You're back!!!!!
We're soooooo happy and we bet your girls will be very very very very happy too!!!!
Did they give you tons of cuddles?????
We hope you had a wonderful time even if we know when we leave our furry babies at home without us is always a bad things and our vacation aren't the same as the ones we do with them...right???
;-)))))
Welcome back dear friends!!!!
Hope to hear from you soon!!!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Woof! Woof! Glad you are back! Great you got to meet a fellow blogger. YES indeed, a handsome GS. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar
Looks like a great trip. I hate it when my mom leaves, so I am sure Samantha and June are happy to have you back!
Wags and Kisses,
Wrigley
How wonderful! We look forward to meeting other Dog Bloggers too!
Sam
Post a Comment