Saturday, March 27, 2010

Some Vacation Photos

We didn't do a whole lot when we were in Florida. That's the best thing about vacation, you can do as many things as you want to, or not do anything at all. We went to Fort Myers and stayed at this Hampton Inn & Suites in Estero. Estero is about 15 miles away from Fort Myers Beach and most of the tourist attractions, which is quite nice because you are away from all the hussle & bussle of a crowded beach attractions but yet not too far away and of course it's cheaper too.
One of the things that I wanted to do was to visit Lovers Key State Park. So after tending to some "business"(more on that later) at a nearby town, we headed towards Fort Myers Beach. Someone we know told us about this restaurant off-the-beaten-path towards Forst Myers Beach that offers all-you-can-eat seafood, so of course we have to go check it out. Sure enough, it's not much of a place, which most tourists don't even know of. The front of the building is a seafood store but the back is a tiny restaurant. Talk about fresh seafood! I am still drooling as I type this post. LOL! I took a picture of the pelicans resting atop of one of the shrimp boats behind the restaurant.
After filling our stomachs with delicious and ridiculously fresh shrimp and fish, we headed to Lovers Key State Park to burn off some calories. We stopped at Black Island(which is part of Lovers Key State Park and it's free. Lovers Key itself is not free, you have to pay a fee to get in) and walked the beach.


The next day we visited The Bass Pro Shop. OMG, that place is HUGE! I took a picture of hubby checking out one of the big fish tanks. This one is full of different kinds of Bass. I wish we have a Bass Pro Shop here in NY but we don't, not even a Cabelas.

10 comments:

CrossView said...

Ok, I'm drooling! I LOVE seafood. And those off-the-beaten-track places are my favorite...

And I love beaches. And the ocean.

Bass Pro Shops are so cool! I spend hours in one just looking at everything.

I don't know the business end went but it looks like the rest was perfect!

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Looks like a fun vacation! I'm sitting here thinking about shrimp, at 9 am!

1000 Goldens said...

We like low key vacations too :) It looks so beautiful there, and your meal sounded wonderful!

How Sam Sees It said...

Mmmm - good seafood. I haven't had any since I visited Maryland years ago! We are lucky enough to have both a Bass Pro and a Cabela's. We love visiting those stores!

Sam

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Glad you guys had a FUN vacation ... Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Golden Daily Scoop said...

psssst, go check out my blog...I have an award for you!!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

Sierra Rose said...

Look at that lovely sand! Nice vacation! We haven't been in a Bass Pro Shop, but hear that it is an adventure in itself.

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Mrs. JP said...

Fresh seafood was one of the things we liked about living in FL. I really liked going to the beach and finding drift wood for my gardens. The one thing I didn't like about FL was how the sand gets in everything. Did you bring some home in your suitcases, shoes, car? That's okay, just memories of a fun vacation.

Lena said...

Very nice pictures! I love the park....! :-)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing those pikhs!

I know The DN appreciates hearing about places like 'that' - the off the beaten tourist path -

As fur Bass Pro Shop, evFURRYtime Mom does a transport, she passes the one in Harrisburg - and if she does a run to Hamburg or Allentown, she passes Cabelas too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra