As you know I am a dog lover and I love all other animals too. What I heard on the news(local news) last night made me very angry. One or more of those lowlife scumbags broke into a local humane society and stole about $500 worth of cans and bottles that the society had collected and saved. They planned to use the money for pet food, vaccines or medications for the animals but now it's all gone! It's bad enough that those helpless animals have no home because their previous irresponsible owners don't want them anymore, and now this happened to them.
You can read all about this here: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/shear_1260438___article.html/society_buys.html
Hubby and I are planning to buy a few bags of dog food and drop them off on Saturday. That's the least we can do.
6 comments:
=(
Though I am glad none of the animals were harmed!
The wickedness of human nature doesn't surprise me anymore, but good for you and your husband for helping them recover from their loss. Bravo!
Grrrrr... what I wouldn't do for a bag of bricks and some time alone with scumbags like that!
Our local no-kill shelter is having a tough time feeding all their dogs right now too. And it seems that weekly someone is dropping off more puppies to leave outside in front of the door in the middle of a single digit night. You're not the only one who gets royally ticked off at the human race at times like this!!
This is a great reminder for us to help these shelters especially now, when money is tight. THANK YOU for posting this. I have not been donating to the shelter (no kill) where we got Cheyenne, and now I will.
Love, Debra
There is a special place for people like that.
I'm going to the grocery tomorrow and am going to grab a coupld of extra bags for the shelter...thanks for the reminder.
That is nice of you to contribute! I hate scum bags too!
Post a Comment