Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

Thank you for all your nice comment from last Friday's post. We are very excited about the new addition to the family and I really cannot wait for his arrival!

We have been busy, it's canning season and I have lots and lots of tomatoes! Here's the first batch of salsa I made. It's SPICY! Remember last Wednesday post? Those were roasted jalapenos that I freeze. I was going to use them in my salsa but I have since then gotten more jalapenos from the garden, so those will stay in the freezer for later consumption.

Oh, for those of you who were a little worried about my not wearing gloves, don't worry. I have learned it the hard waybefore(I wear contacts) so anything to do with hot peppers, you bet I'll be wearing gloves!



8 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! You harvested so many tomatoes. We are looking forward what meal you'll be making. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wow, you will have lots of hot stuff for the winter. That is a lot of work.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

YUMMY!

You can always tone down the heat with some dairy product -

Did I say YUMMY?

Julie said...

That is so awesome. I am coveting your salsa and your tomato harvest.

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, that's pile of jars represents hours and hours of work. I bet you are glad that much is behind you.

Meeka said...

Oh my lordy and that's just the first batch?

Hello to Sam and June
Meeka

Mochi and Bali said...

Awesome! I want some! :)

Mochi

1000 Goldens said...

You are my kitchen/garden hero - I wanna be like you!