Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Am I A Celebrity Now?

Last week when I posted my Double-berry Cheesecake recipe, I received a rather exciting comment:
"Hi there, I love your double berry cheesecake recipe! I represent cheesecake-recipes.org and we have selected this recipe to be in our Featured Cheesecake Section. Please email me so I can give you further details...Thanks and Keep On Cookin'..."

For real? My recipe was picked to be featured? That's so exciting! So I immidiately emailed April for more info. Long story short, my recipe is now featured on this site: My Cheesecake Recipe is featured on Cheesecake-Recipes.org
If you love cheesecakes, please check out this site for yummy recipes.
Last Friday was my stepson's 21th birthday! I made him a cake, eggless cake, because he is allergic to eggs. I found this recipe on eHow.com
Instead of using eggs, the recipe uses vinegar and I was a little worried about that. But after tasting the cake, I must say it's quite tasty, couldn't taste the vinegar at all.
Here's the recipe for this delicious Eggless Chocolate Cake:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp white vinegar
6 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup water (I used 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk)
1/2 tsp salt
Cocoa Frosting (See step 3)
Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" square pan with vegetable spray. (I used a 9" round and I greased and floured the pan)
2) Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add vanilla, vinegar, oil and water. Hand mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. (I baked it for only 25 min and I thought the cake was a little on the dry side, so next time I would bake it for 20min and keep checking the toothpick every minute after that)
3) FROSTING:
1/2 cup margarine or butter
2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
While the cake is baking, cream the margarine or butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a sauce pan. Add milk and bring to a rolling boil for one minute. Remove from heat and immediately beat the mixture, in the sauce pan, with an electric mixer until it begins to thicken to a yogurt-like consistency.
4) Once the cake is done, immediately pour the hot frosting over the hot cake. Let cool.
*Note: Instead of using the cocoa frosting, next time I would use Chocolate Ganache.

10 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Well, woo've always been a celebrity to Sam, June, and me BUT now woo have khonfirmation!

Khongrats!

Mom says she's made that kind of khake years ago - and will agree: woo don't know there is vinegar in it!

She said it looks yummy but I khan't have it!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Golden Samantha said...

Congrats!!! You are a star! And that cake looks amazing! What a super chef you are! And those beautiful pups are stars too, of course!
Hugs xo,
Sammie

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

that is so exciting - congrats - and that other cake looked yummy

If you like that type of stuff check out our friend Dede's bloggie - she is a famous chef that has Bull Terrier too!!
http://legacybts.blogspot.com/
http://dedewilson.blogspot.com/

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

warren said...

HeeHaw...a celebrity!

That cake sounds strange but oh wow does it look great!

Lena said...

You've always been a celebrity to me, YD! :-)
But congratulations and what an honor! Yeay for you!

Yeong Shong said...

wow....congrats ta chie...I hope my layouts get feature somewhere sometime

CrossView said...

How exciting for you! Confirmation to me that it is a good recipe! LOL! It looked great!

Of course, the birthday cake you made looks great, too. I never knew you could make an eggless cake...

Mrs. JP said...

You are a celebrity!! I've bookmarked that page. Oh, how exciting. You deserve it.

Farley said...

You are a celebrity :) Congratulations!

Julie said...

That cake looks yummy.

Can I say I knew you when?