Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Favorite Things

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things"
The Sound of Music - My Favorite Things
Watching hubby sleep so soundly
The sound of my dogs snoring
My dogs napping or playing
Tomato sauce simmering
Fresh-picked tomatoes
Watching campfire
The smell of basil
Untouched snow
Snow falling
Sunflowers
Chocolate
Camping
...
These are a few of my favorite simple things
How about you? Please share with me your simple pleasure.

6 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Not necessarily in order: spring flowers and trees, being w/ my hubby and son, grandchildren, baking something everyone loves, reading a good book, the library, our dogs, calves - really baby anything furry, having an "ah ha moment" during my morning time w/ God...Wow, thanks, for getting me started - I could go on and on and now I'm feeling grateful for so many things in my life. Have a blessed day.

Country Girl said...

I'm with you on ALL your favorites!

inadvertent farmer said...

Picking peas with my kids, then sitting right in the garden and eating them all! Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi YD, so many, nearly everything has been called my favorite at one time. Life is full of joy and wonder. The garden and everything associated with it, the family ditto, the sun, the moon, the stars. I'm easy.
Frances

warren said...

daffodils!

CrossView said...

Great list! I'm with ya on most all of 'em - minus the snow ones. *Brrrr* =D