I am a Mail-Ordered Bride. That's it.
Ha ha! Gotcha!!! I've been wanting to say that.
Ok, here's the truth:
In Aug. 1995(2 years after I graduated from high school), I left Malaysia, flew across the Pacific Ocean and landed in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I went there to attend Louisiana State University(LSU - Geaux Tigers!). I majored in Piano Pedagogy.
In Sept. 1999 I graduated from LSU and moved to upstate NY and got a job and I have been here ever since.
That's how/why I came to the US from Malaysia. Not mail-ordered, not smuggled, not sold, not illegal. There, happy now?
Since we are on the topic of asking questions, here's your chance to ask me other questions and I will try to answer them in a future post.
10 comments:
I have a question:
Do you teach piano? And if so, why would you move from the warm, music saturated South to the frozen north?
Signed,
Curious, Cold-Hating Southerner.
: )
So that's how you came to the U.S., and we're the better for having you here!
Being the food and cooking lover that I am, I will look forward to learning some Malaysian recipes. You do plan to post some, right?
:oP
I love it! LOL!
LSU is MY college! Good taste!
I really like the mail-order line...very nice! Ok, next ?s:
How did you meet hubby?
Do you get back to Malysia much?
How much does a gallon of gas cost up your way nowadays?
Yup, that's all I can think of right now
Haha.....mail-order bride! I've used that one too! :-)
Or I tell people I'm an "alien" and I have a barcode tattooed on my neck.
Just like Warren, I'd like to know how you met your hubby.
I'm also curious how June and Samantha came into your life!
Lots of best wishes from the 70-degree south! (Don't ya miss it?)
interesting... I always wondered about that and never asked. :) Thanks for telling us! And I must say, the mail-ordered bride thing had me going for a second... lol
love jess
I'm glad you're here. The mail order bride line was a good one! I'm w/ JP - any Malaysian recipes? Have a great day...Blessings from the holler :O)
You guys are way too funny with your questions. I will do a post with the answers sometime soon.
Okay... so I LOVE that you said you were a mail order bride and have decided to completely ignore that fact that you are not, in fact, a mail order bride and pepper you with questions about the very first time you met your soon-to-be husband as a mail order bride. Did you immediately think, "Jackpot!" and then blush shyly? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, so I think you are wonderful... you know that. For goodness sake -- I tried to fix you up with my brother before I knew you were happily married. Obviously, I still would very much like you to be my sister-in-law so just keep my brother in mind as a plan B. LOL!
Okay.... questions? Oh my! How about:
why on earth have you not visited me?
There.
That's my final question and that one is actually serious. I mean it, sista. Get your butt down to Georgia to hang out.
Blessings,
Lacy
I'm seeing a new post of yours on my updates list. But when I try to click on it, it says page not found. =/
Post a Comment