Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu

Thanksgiving day is next week and I've got my Thanksgiving menu ready. This year I will be cooking for 3: hubby, his son and myself. Here's what we'll be having:

Soup: French Onion Soup
I usually make this in the crockpot with wine, beef broth, onions and garlic and just let it cook for hours. I will probably make a loaf of bread for the bread & cheese topping.

Salad: Bacon wrapped Shrimp on Mixed Greens with Maple glaze
Shrimp wrapped in bacon, pan fried, serve on mixed greens and drizzle with maple glaze.

Meat: Hickory Smoked Roast Beef
Sirloin tip roast seasoned with cracked black peppercorn and McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning. Serve with horseradish sauce.

Side Dish: Twice baked Potatoes

Dessert: Cinnamon Apple Walnut Cheesecake
For recipe, click here.

What will you be making this Thanksgiving?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's not typical Thanksgiving fare...it sounds better. Not in the least bit plain or boring! I would love some of that.

Don't get me wrong, we have a good feed at wife's gradnparents' house. We have a huge turkey, dressing, taters, etc. the usual thanksgiving stuff. It is delicious but typical. I love the period of time from now til New Year's day. Lots of comfort foods, family, being cozy at home. I hate the snow but it comes with the territory I guess. Anyhow, your meal sounds excellent!

CrossView said...

Yours sound delicious! =D
We'll be having the typical Thanksgiving stuff, which is all good since my mom will cook.
I'm all about the eating part, anyway! ;o)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Warren: I do love the typical Thanksgiving food (minus the cranberry sauce) but usually it's just hubby and I and cooking a turkey is just too much.

Crossview: I'm all about the eating part too but both hubby and I enjoy cooking as well.

wvfarmgirl said...

I won't be cooking anything because I'll be on my way to your place! That sounds delicious!

Do the dogs get some of the roast beef or do they get a different thanksgiving feast?

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

WVFarmgirl: You can come to my place for Thanksgiving on one condition: You will bring me Maverick. Hahahaha! The dogs will probably get a little bit of Roast Beef(we do give them human food but not a lot). Thanksgiving day is also June's birthday.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Mmmmmmm... yummy.

Could I come over???

Blessings,
Lacy

Akprestons said...

YUM! can i come to YOUR house for Thanksgiving??! I don't have to make anything cause we're going to my Dad's house. Next Thanksgiving, I'll be cooking for three, though.. hubby, me and new baby (although, I don't think new baby will be eating a whole lot of 'big people food' at that point in time!! :)

love jess

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Enough food for 22 people. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Jody M said...

We're going to our every-other year big-honkin' 40+ person family get together, so it is kind of pot luck. I'm bringing my Great Aunt Ethel's Sweet Potato Pie, which is a savory Southern side dish, not a dessert. The recipe is over 100 years old. :)

Erica said...

That sounds VERY good! Next year I'd love to do something besides a turkey.......a goose perhaps?