You were probably thinking, S5? What's that? Please allow me to explain...
There is a sandwich shop about 1.5 miles from us that makes very good sandwiches. S5, roast beef on focaccia, is by far our most favorite. Now with the slumping economy lately, it is only wise for us not to order out often or at all. So I have decided to make my own S5.
I don't usually measure out the ingredients, it is really up to your own taste as of how much meat or mayo or greens you would like on your sandwich. Here are the basic ingredients you'll need to make this delicious Roast Beef sandwich on Focaccia:
Focaccia bread, For recipe see here
Roast beef
Blue cheese dressing (I use Marie's premium blue cheese dressing or you could use garlic mayo or tomato basil aioli)
Crispy fried onions (Pioneer Woman has a great recipe here)
Crumble blue cheese
Mesclun mix or any kind of mixed greens (I like Dole's Spring mix)
Salt & Pepper to taste
To assemble:
1) Slice the focaccia in half and spread the top half with blue cheese dressing or garlic mayo.
2) Arrange roast beef on the bottom half of the focaccia. Top with mixed greens, crispy fried onion and crumble blue cheese.
3) Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
9 comments:
That sounds awesome!
We've been trying to re-create some of our favorite "eat out" meals at home, too. We're hoping for the same taste without the added expense. But I really prefer eating out since that means I don't have to cook. =P
Yum! Excellent way to save money and still have fun!
Blessings!
Lacy
You won't have the crazy additives they use in restaurant food either...bound to be a savings and a healthier meal!
That sounds really good. I love a good roast beef sandwich. It's one of life's simple pleasures.
That does sound good, other than the blue cheese part... :-) (I'm not allowed to eat soft/unpasteurized cheeses any way until after the baby's born... damn I miss feta cheese).
Now that sounds wonderful!! I love blue cheese!! Thanks for stopping by my blog...come back soon!
This sounds fabulous. I don't eat red meat, but I think it'd be just as good without!
Thank you for your kind words and the hug! I needed a hug from a friend!!!!
Blessings and thanks!
Lacy
Hi YD!
I've got to try your bread recipe-it sounds really good.
I just love that picture of your dogs on your bed. What a great pair they are.
Love, Debra
Post a Comment