11 days to our camping trip at Fish Creek Pond Campground and I can't wait!
We like to make all kinds of food when we go camping: the usual hamburgers and hotdogs, steak, ribs, sausage & pepper and of course BACON!
As for dessert, last year I made a simple apple cake using Giffy yellow cake mix and 1/2 can of apple pie filling. Perhaps this year I will try a Pineapple Upside-Down cake.
Just out of curiosity, do you like camping? What is your must-have camping food? Do you have a favorite dessert at camp fire?
I will end this post with a few pictures from last year's camping trip

10 comments:
Great pictures! And yes, we LOVE camping. Especially here in Alaska. We only got to go once this year, but it was a blast. I tried to make an apple cobbler in my dutch oven, but I burnt it to a crisp (and not in a good 'apple crisp' way, either). Like you guys, we do the typical steak, hotdogs, hamburgers, bacon and eggs -and of course, s'mores, etc. Hope you have a fun time and be sure to blog about it when you get back!! :)
Love Jess
Love the pictures! =D
Sadly, we're not much for camping. I'm kind of a wimp- I like my a/c at night. And my husband retired from the Marine Corps and says he got quite enough camping then. LOL!
I hope you have an awesome time!
Hi YD!
I'm excited for you guys. We like to camp here at home. One of our favorite things to cook is roasted corn on the cob. It tastes nutty from the fire-so good!
Have fun, and take lots of pictures!
Debra
Looks like fun! We like to camp but I must admit I am more of a camper/cottage kinda gal but we still do the tent thing once or twice a summer. Smore's are a must and I like to make something not sure what it is called but it is coolwhip, jello pkt (usually strawberry), cottage cheese and fruit, strawberries or raspberries. Stores well, easy to prepare, sweet, kinda healthy side dish. Have fun! ~Kim
We like to camp and our must-have dessert is popcorn. That sounds dumb but it must be either jiffy-pop or even better, popcorn in an iron skillet with no lid. It flies in the air and is great fun (though dangerous I guess) to catch it in our mouths!
Yay, camping! We love it but usually take the horses, so there isn't a lot of room for food. We usually live off c-rations and canned goods.
Have you ever camped at Lake George up there in NY? The last time I was there I was knee-high to a grasshopper and all I can remember is snorkling in the crystal waters of the lake.
Jess: Thanks! We normally go once a year during Labor day weekend and we stay a few more days after Labor day. Most people leave on Labor day because school starts the day after and people have to go back to work, so the campground gets quite empty and quiet. We just love it. LOL at the "apple crisp"!
Crossview: Thank you. I really can't wait any longer...I can smell the fresh air and the camp fire...
Debra: Corn on the cob - just put it on my food list for camp. Thanks!
Kim: I have never pitched a tent before. We don't own a camper either. Hubby owns a landscaping company and we have always used his enclosed work trailer. It's just basically for us to sleep in(we have 2 roll-away beds), instead of sleeping on the ground. We do all the cooking out on the fire pit.
Warren: You must be pretty good at catching flying popcorn with your mouth! LOL! If I do it, all the popcorns are probably going to end up on the ground.
WVFarmgirl: So you must go to pretty remote places to camp. Wow!
I have never camped at Lake George before but it's not too far away from me. I am about 1hr south of Lake George.
Most end up on the ground when we do it too but it is surely a lot of fun to catch those 1 or 2!
Yeay - camping! I love camping!
We tend to head out to our backyard of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Anyplace along the Blue Ridge Parkway usually works for me. We're serious backpack campers, carrying all our food and so on, so gourmet cooking is out. BF loves freeze-dried but I can barely stomach it. :-(
Kane has his own backpack too , lol.
Enjoy - I hope all of you will have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures!
you two look like an ad for L.L. Bean! LOVE the pictures!!!!
Love camping.
Mildly peeved that I haven't gotten to go in a while.
Blessings!
Lacy
Post a Comment