Tuesday, September 10, 2013

An Apple A Day....

"An apple a day, keeps the doctor away", we all have heard of this quote. Well, I for one cannot eat fresh apple, so that won't work for me. I am allergic to raw apples but thank goodness I can still eat cooked apples, therefore I am always looking for ways to "cook" apples, especially making it into desserts.

I was checking up on some blogs and saw this post at Bakers' Banter: Apple-picking time: our top-pick apple treats: Blog
King Arthur Flour. Let me tell you, if you love apple desserts, you NEED to go on over and check it out. You won't regret it.

These are the ones that I want to make:

1) Old-fashioned Apple cake with Brown Sugar frosting
2) Apple upside-down cake
3) Roasted Apple bread
4) Easy Whole Wheat Apple Raisin Bread
5) Apple Muffins



We also went apple picking last weekend and picked about 20 lbs of apples! I started baking right away, making Apple Crisp.

3 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Interesting ... about allergic to raw apples. I Golden LOVE apples. DELISH! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

1000 Goldens said...

Mmm...your baked treat looks so delicious!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

*DROOL!!!*

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khousin Geufy!