Thursday, May 3, 2012

RIP Samantha Jane

Dear friends,

Our beloved Samantha crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday afternoon. We miss her terribly!!!
It happened so suddenly, we didn't even expect it. Samantha had a tumor that ruptured inside her and she was bleeding inside. The very sad thing is we didn't even know that she had a tumor. She was very lethargic since last week. She would be fince one day and the next she just wouldn't move at all. We finally took her to the vet yesterday and found out about this tragic news. It was the toughest decision we ever had to make in our lives but we know at the Rainbow Bridge she is not in pain or suffering anymore.

Rest In Peace Samantha. We love you and you will be dearly missed!

15 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We are so sorry for your loss -

We know she's surrounded by many GReat FURiends!

You gave her one of the best gifts - letting her go before she suffered more even though it was going to hurt -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Phyll
P.S. We hope all is well!

1000 Goldens said...

We send you all the love in the world, and understand how huge the heartbreak is with a sudden loss. Our hearts go out to you all. We love you Samantha, and know that you are frolicking in heave with Farley now. You will remain in our hearts. Take care :(

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh no, we are so very sad to see this. Mom said she lost an older pup the same way many years ago. Our hearts go out to you. Soft woos and gentle hugs from all of us.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning and Mom

Unknown said...

I am sooo sorry for your loss, I just lost Fred my bloodhound last month - he will make sure she is in good hands at the bridge. hugs.

Sheila and Bob said...

Farley told us about your loss, we are so very sorry. We have four Goldens waiting for us at the Bridge and we know they will take Samantha under their paws.

Sheila & Bob
Hamish & Rescue Sophie & Foster Joe.

I'M STILL HERE

Friend, please don’t mourn for me
I’m still here, though you don’t see.
I’m right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I’m always near.
I’m everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I’ll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I’ll never wander out of your sight-
I’m the brightest star on a summer’s night.
I’ll never be beyond your reach-
I’m the warm moist sand when you’re at the beach.

I’m the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I’m the beautiful flowers of which you’re so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I’m the first bright blossom you’ll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I’m the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you’ll see that the face in the moon shine is mine.

When you start thinking there’s no one to love you,
you can talk to through the Lord up above you.
I’ll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you’ll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I’m the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I’m the smile you see on a baby’s face.
Just look for me friend, I’m every place!

~Author Unknown

Sharon said...

Farley told us about your loss..... we are so sad for you, but you gave her the last best gift we can give our furbabies......hugs from the human here and healing purrs from the kitties....

Unknown said...

sorry to hear it, our deepest sympathy for your loss, sending our prayers of comfort and strength for Sam family and friends.


Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

So sorry to hear about Samantha, what a terrible loss for you and your family.

Tucker, Daisy and mom Heidi

Pat Morrison said...

I am so very sorry. I lost my dear 11 yo Golden girl Sunny a week and a half ago....the very same scenario. My heart hurts every time I look for her and remember she is gone to the Bridge too soon. I know your pain. I am sending hugs and wishes for comfort and healing.

yvonne said...

My deepest condolence for your lose and take care *virtual hugs*

Dugan's Mom said...

Farley's Mom told me of your loss. My heart goes out to you -- I am so very sorry. Samanatha will be welcomed with open paws at the bridge by all of our beloved friends who have gone before her. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Mrs. JP said...

Oh my, we are just so so sorry for your loss. We know it's so hard to lose a family member like that. You are in our prayers.

warren said...

Sorry to hear that YD...

Golden Samantha said...

Was so happy to see your comment, then read the tragic news. I am so sorry - Jume must miss her so much, as well as all of you. Hugs to everyone...

Not sure if we're doing NY yet or when but will let you know by late June! Want to read your latest post
Big Snuggles to June xxxx
Sam and Avalon

How Sam Sees It said...

Sending you hugs and love.

Christine, Aaron, Sam and Monty