Monday, May 21, 2012

Missing You...

It has been almost 3 weeks now since Samantha's crossing over to the Rainbow Bridge. We are all missing her very much.
Our 17-mo-old boy is learning to talk and is trying to say some words but they don't always sound like the words. Yesterday hubby turned the laptop on and Samantha's picture is the desktop background. Baby boy pointed right at the laptop and said "nana nana". Hubby and I looked at each other and tears just started coming out of our eyes...
June is doing ok. We know she is missing her sisfur as well. We have been spending as much time with her as possible. I must admit, with the born of our son, I felt like the dogs had been negleted at time. With Samantha's passing, I made a promise that I will not keep making excuses that I don't have much time for my dogs. I will take time out and make time to spend with June.

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It has been so nice to see woo around The Blogosphere again -

June probably knew ahead of time the end was khlose -

Our snooters pikhk up on things humans noses don't know -

As fur the human puppy, AHHHHH!

Please have June give him a khyss fur us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Miss Fluffy Tail

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Don't be too hard on yourself - you have a very important role there now. The dogs always seem to go with the flow pretty easily. If you didn't miss her, things would not be right. It takes time. Just keep looking at those old photos, the memories really do help ease the pain. Hugs to you from us and MOm.

Woos - Blue Eyes, Thunder Dunder, Prissy Sissy, and Flash a.k.a. Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Mrs. JP said...

I agree with OP pack. Don't beat yourself up. Our respective packs know we love them. Fortunately they're not as needy as we are!! Take good care of you all.
Blessings from the holler...

Golden Samantha said...

YD - so sorry I've missed a couple of posts and wish I'd been more present for you in the pain of losing Samantha. Your tale is achingly touching - no room for feeling of guilt for anything at all... a child of 17 months, or any age is a big responsibility! Thinking of you lots xoxoxo
Sammie, Avalon and Mom