Friday, November 5, 2010

Golden Friday

So, did you guess who dunnit from Tuesday post?

Samantha: It was me!


Samantha: I had such a fun time digging and digging and digging (mom wasn't very happy because she was right there yelling at me not to dig but I just ignored her)


Samantha: My dirt-covered nose and face


Samantha: You are not mad at me, are you mommy?


Mom's note: I don't know what got into her the other day. We were in the backyard playing fetch and all of a sudden Samantha started doing the zoomies and then she proceeded to dig a hole and just kept going. I yelled at her to stop but it was actually pretty funny watching her. I went inside and got the camera and of course when I came back out, she was still digging! We don't normally encourage digging but every once in a while, a dog needs to be a dog and have fun, so they get to do it once every so often. Thank dogness they do not dig regularly. :)

18 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yes, can you please pass this message along to the Momster - she just doesn't understand the joy of digging, the thrill of mud between the toes, the satisfaction of a hole well-dug.

Woos, Thunder and Ciara

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Golden Friday. I only dig if I know (think) there's something interesting ... I wonder what it is? Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

How Sam Sees It said...

How can you be upset with a face like that? How cute!

Sam

Lena said...

Wow! That is quite a hole! I too wonder what might be down there that she is digging for? Something must smell good?! Have a great weekend!
Love - Lena & Kane

CrossView said...

OHMYGOSH! So adorable! I wonder what she was digging for?

Mochi and Bali said...

Totally cute! We're not allowed to dig, especially since I (Mochi) love to pull out all the grass! :)

Mochi & Bali

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pawesome pikhs from your fun!

Sometimes, we just have to do what we just have to do!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dexter said...

Hey! You just wanted to have a party. Nothing wrong with that. And bravo to your mom who decided to get the camera rather than get mad at you.

Slobbers,
Mango

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, Samantha got her money's worth on that hole........it's huge!! There must have been a smell of something that made her go nuts. That dirty nose and cheeky smile is a dead give away.
Happy Weekend to you all.

Meeka said...

Did you find any buried treasure?

Anonymous said...

I wonder.....
if humans tried digging (with their paws) would they feel the sheer joy it creates for us?!

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley

1000 Goldens said...

That last picture is so cute! That is one content girl, all nestled in the dirt - I love it :)

Golden Samantha said...

What a GREAT post!!! Oh Samantha, I, Avalon, have the digging gene, so I do it as much as I can, which isn't much as Mom stops me ugh!!! Glad Momzers got the camera out, cause those pix are too cute of you!!!
Big Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Khyra said it right!! A dog just has to do what a dog has to do!!!
Don't mess up a good blog post!!!!
When is the baby due????????????
You should be getting close!!
XXOO, Bambi & Fern

Augie and Ti's mom said...

If you're going to dig, at least have fun doing it!

♥ Sallie said...

Yep. Sometimes we just like to dig! :)

Hugs,

Sierra Rose said...

That is a mighty hole there my friend :) Wow! I get the diggity dig itch in me once in a while...but on a way smaller scale! Where were you going? :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Anonymous said...

your dogs are so nice!. I love them. hi from Argentina