Friday, August 13, 2010

Golden Friday

After all that pawtying fur Sugar's barkday, we need to do plenty of this:



and this:

Now a note from mom:
Thank you all for your suggestions and advice on how to handle the pet-sitting situation. I talked to Jack's dad about having to keep an eye out on him when he is around. I told him about the fence section that was bent and that I don't want to see Jack escape from the yard. That's kinda like my round-about way to tell him that he needs to supervise Jack when he comes over and not leave Jack in my yard. That's how I left it and yesterday he was over with Jack and he stayed to watch him. Hopefully this will keep up. I'm not trying to be a bitch but it is not my responsibility to look after someone else's dog when I am not pet-sitting.

We are also going to try to "go out" on some Friday nights for a few weeks. When I first agreed to petsit Pepper, she was still young and new. He said that Pepper freaks out when the band starts to play. It has been a month now and it's time for the puppy to get used to the band playing. What's going to happen when she gets older?
I know we are in a tough situation. We have good relationship with our neighbors and we know that if there is an emergency and we have to be at the hospital for overnight or something like that, Jack's dad will come over and take care of the girls for us. So we have to be careful of how we handle this situation so that it won't turn sour.
I will try to update everyone of the outcome. Thank you again.

14 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Golden Friday to you guys. Yes lots of FUN stuffs going on ... I'm staying indoors this weekend n sleep. Golden Luck on your pet sitting. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Nice rekhovery time!

AND GReat ideas on the message to Jack's dad!

Paws khrossed fur all!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khousin Merdie

Lena said...

Happy Golden Friday from the Black and Tan house! :-)
Good to see the girls taking a break for once....haha!
Also glad to hear things are good so far with Jack and Pepper. Diplomacy is key! :-)
Maybe you could mention a crate to your neighbor? As you know, Kane sleeps in a crate and it's his safe place to be....just a thought. :-)
Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

Me, too, girls. Me, too.

Only 4 months left!! Wow. I hope things are going well for you.

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Hi Girls

You look cozy. Have a great weekend.

Tucker and Daisy

Meeka said...

I'll be a couch potato too this weekend. Take it easy.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Gald to see you have come to see us! Bambi is getting better all the time. Most of her lumps have gone away!!!! That's a very big deal!! She eats way more food and has lost weight! Her eyes are brighter and she is happier. She wants to walk more so all in all it is very good! If you ever see that a dog is showing signs of being allergic then that what you do!!
How is the baby coming??
Have a good week end, Fern

Mrs. JP said...

Good for you; yes, you must keep your good relationship. Just look at it as a great excuse to go out to eat! Of course, if you're like us, all we want to do is stay home. Of course, I'd be up for going bowling sometime. I'll have to tell JP that :)
Have a good weekend.

Thor and Jack said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Hope everything is doing well!

Thor

CrossView said...

Those pictures make me want to curl up and take a nap!

Here's hoping that the neighbor situation can stay neighborly!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Good work with Jack's Dad. Sometimes it really is best to just be honest but in a nice way. Thanks for the message you left, not sure we totally got it, but we are sure it will be clearer soon:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Mochi and Bali said...

Cute sleepy pics! :)

Mochi

warren said...

I love the first pic...looks like a good kind of worn out!

How Sam Sees It said...

Nap times are best!

Very diplomatic way to deal with Jack's dad - good luck on that!

Sam