Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Menu

Sorry about the lack of posting last week. To make it up to you, I am going to share with you a delicious, make-your-mouth-watery dessert recipe. If you make it, your mouth will thank you and your family will thank you but your hips probably won't thank you(but who cares?).

This week's menu:

Sunday - Hot dogs

Monday - Grilled Chicken and Green bean Casserole

Tuesday - Bucatini all'Amatriciana

Wednesday - Steak and Roasted Potatoes

Thursday - Nachos, my version

Friday - Mac and Cheese

Saturday - ???

Roasted Potatoes - My version

Ingredients:

  • 1 pounds potatoes, unpeeled, quartered into 1-inch chunks
  • coarsly chopped garlic, quantity depends on how much you love garlic
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • a pinch or two of cajun seasonings
  • salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 400F.
  • Mix everything in a large bowl and pour it on a baking sheet.
  • Bake for about 40 minutes or until the inside is cooked and the outside is golden brown, stir once after 20 mins.
  • Remove from oven, re-season if nessassary and serve.
And now to the wonderful world of dessert. I ♥ chocolate! When I saw this Chocolate Cobbler recipe, I think I drooled all over my desk! I printed the recipe right away and made it that evening. Goodness, it was so delicious and so sinful! Sorry, I think I sinned by eating it...


12 comments:

Lena said...

Ugh...there's that chocolate cobbler again. I will have to make it soon, but I need my DH to be at home to eat it with me!!! :-)
Your menu this week looks good, I will have to try the potatoes with Cajun seasoning - do you have a certain brand you use ?

♥ Sallie said...

Yummy!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Oh it looks so good!!! Tonight we are gong to have strawberry shortcake!!! And right now with those strawberries SSSOOOO GOOG what else would I fix?
XXOO, Fern

Mrs. JP said...

I was gonna tell you that this week sound like my favorite so far and then I saw the chocolate cobbler and that sealed the dealio!!!
How do you type heart shapes??? So cool. I Heart chocolate too!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That looks great!

Luckily for me, I've just finished a dish of Peanut Butter Cup ice cream!

How Sam Sees It said...

Yum yum. Sounds delicious!

Sam

Meeka said...

Definitely sinful just looking at it.

Augie and Ti's mom said...

I immediately scrolled down to look at the chocolate recipe! Yummy~~

Sierra Rose said...

Oh great!!! You made it! We can smell the delicious chocolate waffling through the air... Well...must try it!! Yum!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Country Girl said...

Sounds so tasty!! Wish I was as organized to put together a weekly meal planner. I wing it from day to day.

CrossView said...

YUM! That chocolate cobbler looks delicious! And I know the roasted potatoes are good. Sounds like the sme ones I make; different seasonings - same process! ;o)

1000 Goldens said...

No way - that looks so good!! I might have to make that. Soon.