Friday, September 11, 2009

Golden Friday

Woof! June blogging today. Mom is still kinda busy to help us with camp photos, so you will have to stay tune a little longer.


I am a little confused lately. Mommy or daddy has not been giving me my yummy bones bones and the other day when they had my favorite food - spaghetti and meatballs, they didn't even give me some! NO FAIR! I haven't even been given my regular food either. Mommy has been feeding me this, which is actually quite tasty:

She also has been forcing me to take this yucky pill. I spit it out most of the time but she still managed to make me swallow it. I am NOT happy about it! Mom and dad kept saying "when you get better, you can have your bones". Get better what?


YD here, please allow me to explain this "suffering" that June was complaining about:
Last Monday June woke me up in the middle of the night wanting to go out. Now they don't normally have to go in the middle of the night unless it's a diarrhea situation. So I thought "great, she must have diarrhea". But when we went outside, she just kept going to pee, for at least 6 or 7 times. The next morning she did the same. So I called the vet asking if I should bring her in to check for UTI(Urinary Tract infection). They told me to just collect a urine sample and they would be able to find out.

Collect a urine sample? How? Well, I found a shallow take out container and used it to collect the sample and brought it to the vet. They found out that June's got lots of crystals in her urine. If you are not familair with this, please let me explain. Crystals are mineral deposits that form anywhere between the kidneys and the urethra, but most commonly in the bladder itself . These crystals, if left untreated, will form bladder stones. Bacterial infections in the bladder can also cause crystals to form. Therefore June is put on a strict diet and antibiotic. She can only eat this prescriped Hill's Prescription Diet: S/D canned food and NOTHING ELSE, for 6 weeks. That's why she's confused as of why we are not giving her any treats.
In another 2 weeks I'll have to take another urine sample for testing to see if the crystals clear up.
Please keep your fingers and paws cross for my little June. Thank you.

16 comments:

Samantha said...

My parents cat, Gus, has crystals in his urine too and has to permanently eat that stuff (the C/D cat version). Then this week Jaq had an upset belly because we are moving and the vet is making me feed him that stuff (S/D) until he feels better! That crap is so expensive!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Oh you poor thing!!! No yummies, peeing all the time and you have to take a pill, yikes!!! I had to have that food a while back and I looooved it!!! Please get better real soon, I'm crossing my paws for you!!! Spaghetti?!?!? I'm telling mom about that one, I need to get me some of that! BOL!!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

Julie said...

Aren't pets fun? I won't even tell you what we have done for our crippled, old Lab. But he's so sweet we can't help it.

Hope she's better soon.

CrossView said...

Awww! Hope everything is better soon so the poor girl can eat the good stuff!

Lena said...

Oh, Junebug I feel for you. Hope you gets better soon with lots of love from mom and Sammy.
One of our cat had multipe UTIs as well but since I've switched them to raw (more natural food and definitely more natural water from the food) he has not had one single incident.
Good luck with the s/d food. I hope it makes you feel better. Happy weekend!

Kane & Lena

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhh!

Poor Woo!

I'm sure your mommy and daddy will make it up fur woo when you are better!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Unknown said...

I've heard of this before...no fun at all. I hope you feel better soon!

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Poor Junie

Life without treats is just no fun. We hope you are back to normal soon.

Tucker and Daisy

Golden Samantha said...

DEar June - So sorry you are going through this time, but your peeps love you and want you to get better, so enjoy the new foodables!
Look forward to hearing how it turns out for you, dear pup.
Hugs xo
Sammie

Mochi and Bali said...

Hi June! I have had a bladder crystal problem since I was a very young pup. I have been on Hill's Prescription I/D since about 5-6 months old and when I turned 1 I started eating C/D. I'm still eating C/D...probably for the rest of my life. I didn't care for the dry food, but mom and dad started mixing it with some of the can food and now I love it! Crossing my paws that you get better soon!

Love,
Mochi

Maxmom said...

Hi there YD
We're holding thumbs for June! With the Vet's help, I am sure all will be ok. We know that Hills'PD very well...excellent stuff!
Get better soon!!!
Take care and lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Sierra Rose said...

Oh June!!! Yes, we are thinking of you...please let the new pills/food help clear things up....
Big hugs from us!!!!!!

And...snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Astrid Keel said...

June, I hope you get super better soon! "Special diets", for some reason, don't feel all that special to us!

Mrs. JP said...

Oh my, YD,,,I'm so sorry. I was asked to collect a urine specimen from Speedbump and in my haste I grabbed JP's favorite measuring cup! Of course I replaced it toot sweet but hey,,,it's not every day you have to do these things. Get better Juney girl.

NCmountainwoman said...

We have all fingers and all paws crossed. Those stones can be very scary. I do hope things are better very soon.

Farley said...

We are so sorry to hear this. Do they know what causes that to happen in dogs? Take care and hopefully you will get spaghetti really soon!