Sunday, May 17, 2009

Garden Update

I realized I have not post anything about my garden in a while. Here's a little update:
We have moved the garden from the back yard to the front yard area. It is now bigger and better! Hubby was hard at work grading the front yard so that we can have a nice lawn and he also rotatilled this new area for me. It is about 20' x 40' and he fenced it all in for me to keep those wascally wabbits out.


There is not much going on in there yet . I normally start planting the warm weather veggies during the Memorial Day weekend. The average last frost date is May 20 so I usually wait till then. I did plant some cool weather veggies already. Here's the layout of my garden: There are 12 rows total. From the front near the flowers:
Rows 1 - 4: Corn and Potatoes
Row 5: Onions & Cabbage
Row 6 - 8: Tomatoes
Row 9: Jalapeno & Italian Pepperoncini
Row 10: Herbs(Basil, Parsley, Chives)
Row 11: Bok Choy, Chinese Cabbage, Eggplant
Row 12: Cucumbers, zuchinnis, winter squash
What I have already planted:
In the old garden area are: Mesclun Mix, Garlic, Strawberries, Radishes, Chives(I'm debating if I should transplant that out to the new garden or wait till the fall)
In the new garden area: Potatoes(Dark Red Norland & Yukon Gold), Onions(Yellow Stuttgatter), Cabbage, Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, Parsley(transplanted from old garden).
My sleeping beauties! I was folding laundries one day and when I went to put them in the closet, I saw these two sound asleep on THEIR bed. What a life they have...

10 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I give it a grade of A+!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

what what a great opportunity to grow your own stuff - my yard is 100% doggie territory - i have pots with tomatoes and stuff

but whta i wouldnt do for a big garden like you

Den and the bully brats

Jody M said...

Holy cow! You're getting serious there!

Mrs. JP said...

First of all your garden space looks really nice all fenced in and everything. Second, those girls have it so made in the shade. Ahhhh, there's nothing like that clean sheet feel. I love it.

warren said...

I especially like the backhoe...for weeding I suppose!

CrossView said...

That fence idea is a great one! We have problems with rabbits out here- among other things! LOL!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I can't wait to see your garden progress this summer! Neat!

Love the shot of your girls!

Blessings,
Lacy

Debra said...

The girls sleep while you do all the work!! Your garden looks nice even now. I can't wait to see all the stuff coming up!
Debra

Lena said...

What a beautiful sight!! I wish you much success in your new front garden! Happy planting this weekend!
Many hugs and kisses to your beautiful girls - such snugglies. :-)

Anonymous said...

The garden looks like it's going to be great! What cute sleeping beauties!

See ya!
Joey