Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cinnamon Apple Walnut Cheesecake

Are you still drooling from the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake post? If you are, you can still keep drooling for this next one: Cinnamon Apple Walnut Cheesecake.

This recipe was adapted from Kraftfoods Apple Pecan Cheesecake. Their recipe makes a 13 x 9 cheesecake with graham cracker crust and uses sour cream in the cheesecake. I didn't want to make such a big cheesecake and I wanted to try a different crust, so I changed a few things in the recipe. The picture below was from Kraftfoods site:

Ingredients:
1¾ cups ginger snaps crumbs
½ cup melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
or you could use a pre-made graham cracker crust(which I usually do)

2 pkg cream cheese, 8oz each
½ cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 eggs

1 big apple or 2 med apple, peeled, cored & chopped into little chucks, about 1 – 1½ cup
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon

Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9” round cake pan or pie pan with foil. Mix ginger snaps crumbs, butter & sugar and press in the bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mix until blended. Be sure to scrape sides of bowl after each egg addition.
3) Pour cream cheese mixture into crust and set side.
4) Mix apple chunks, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle apple mixture onto cream cheese mixture. Some of the apple chunks will drop in the cream cheese mixture but that’s ok. The remaining will stay on top of the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. (Trust me, it’s better cold. We couldn’t wait to try it, so we tried a small piece within 2 hours after it was baked, it was still a little warm and I did not like it warm.)

Note: The girls gave their paws up for this cheesecake. :-)

8 comments:

wvfarmgirl said...

OMG. Thanks, thanks so much. Here I am beat from a long day and you're MAKING me go to the grocery store to get these ingredients. And I will probably be up half the night making 10 of these cheesecakes. Again, I say thanks. :~p

Country Girl said...

That sounds great and I sure do love cheesecake.

Julie said...

That does sound tasty. Thanks for sharing.

CrossView said...

Add my paws up for this! It looks soooo good! But then again, it IS cheesecake! ;o)

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Oh, oh.... you're killing me. You know that I cannot resist cheesecake. Oh how I adore cheesecake!

Blessings!
lacy

Homekeeping Heart said...

That looks really good! I just may have to give it a try.

I clicked over from Lacey's place!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

WvFarmgirl: You know, like I said in your comment, I would be willing to let you try "equine massage" on human(AKA me) and in turn I will make you this cheesecake? Sounds like a good deal to me. :-P

Kim: I love cheesecake too!

Julie: You are welcome.

Crossview: What not to love about cheesecake right? It's good with anything.

Lacy: I think you should move closer to me.

Homekeeper Heart: Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit and I hope you like the cheesecake.

Ann said...

Oh, it's so darling! And sounds deliciousness.