The only magazine I subscribe to is Taste of Home and they also have a wonderful website that I enjoy visiting.While browsing for recipes today, I saw this yummy looking picture of Caramel Apple Bites. I just had to share with you. This is a fun recipe to make with kids because they can help with rolling the dough into balls or dipping the cookies into caramel and nuts or even putting the toothpicks on the cookies!
So if you are looking for something fun to do with your child or children, perhaps you could give this recipe a try.
Ingredients:
Filling:
1/3 cup chopped unpeeled apple
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Dough:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
Topping:
1 package (14 ounces) caramels
2/3 cup evaporated milk
Green toothpicks
1 cup chopped walnuts
Instructions:
1) In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened; set aside to cool.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla and salt; beat well. Add flour; mix well. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Flatten and place 1/4 teaspoon filling in center of each. Fold dough over filling and reshape into balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
3) In a saucepan over low heat, cook caramels are melted. Insert a toothpick into each cookie and dip into caramel until completely coated. Dip bottoms into nuts. Place on wire racks to set.
Yield: about 3 dozen.
Have a wonderful weekend!
7 comments:
Oh yum. Oh goodness gracious. Oh heavens. Sign me up for some of that.
Yum.
*drool*
I posted another installment of my story.
STILL untitled.
Blesings,
Lacy
Oh man does that look good! It's a good thing winter is near...I can explain away all the weight I'll gain as necessary for hibernation!
What a coincidence! I was just writing about carmel apples and complaining that i always get carmel on my chin trying to eat them. This is the perfect solution. Thanks!
Those look great!
They're even...
Dare I say?
Cute!
=D
That looks and sounds so good, just need to get some carmels.
You have just been a cooking maniac lately. I wish we didn't live a country apart. I'd be stopping by for tea.
Lacy: That does look very yummy, I didn't try it this weekend. It's probably great for parties.
Warren: I bet your children would have a fun time making that with you.
Kathryn & Ari: Welcome to my blog and my girls said woof to Ari.
Crossview: They are quite cute looking.
Kim: I wonder how those would work for cookie swap at Christmas time?
Julie: You are welcome to stop by for tea anytime!
Post a Comment