Friday, September 12, 2008

Dine and Wine Camping Style

Camping food doesn't have to be boring or ordinary. Cooking on an open campfire is fun, although I'm not usually the one "in charge" of cooking on open fire. Hubby is the expert in that. I just prepare the food and he takes care of the cooking part.

So for this trip here's what we had, not in any particular order(I didn't take any pictures of our food):

1) Lunch: Turkey or Roastbeef sandwiches - Ciabatta bread(no, I didn't make these, I bought them from a bakery), sliced turkey or roastbeef, swiss cheese, mesclun mix, onion and tomato

2) Breakfast: French Toast(using leftover ciabatta bread) & bacon

3) Breakfast: Bacon, egg and cheese on toasted bagels

4) Lunch: Hamburgers & Hotdogs

5) Dinner: Grilled steak with homefries and corn on the cob

6) Dinner: Pizza, camping style (I brought a frozen pizza dough with us, by the time we used it, it was dethawed. I used a baking pan(took the aluminium one from the toaster oven), put the toppings on the dough, cover the pan with foil and "baked" on campfire)

7) Lunch: Hot sausages

8) Brunch: Hot sausage patties with cheese on Ciabatta bread or bagel

9) Dinner: Ribs and corn on the cob

10) Dessert: Banana with chocolate chips

11) Snack: Popcorn

And there you have it.

I was going to post some more pictures but Blogger is having some internal problems with uploading pictures. Guess you'll just have to wait till the next time.

6 comments:

CrossView said...

Yum! Sounds delicious!
Sounds even better when someone else, anyone else, is cooking! =D

Akprestons said...

Hey my beautiful blogging friend,

mmmmmmm ribs and corn on the cob! youre making me HUNGRY. Last time we went camping, I tried out my new dutch oven. I *attempted* to make apple crisp and it came out 'BURNT to a crisp'. lovely.

;)

love jess

Debra said...

YD, it all sounds so GOOD! I bet the girls loved having the food closer to their noses!
Love, Debra

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I love to eat food that has been cooked over an open fire -- there's just something about it! YUM!

Love the menu!

Blessings!
Lacy

Country Girl said...

Sounds like some good eats!

Ann said...

What FEASTS!! WOW. I wanna camp with YOU GUYS!! :)))