Wow, what a great week we had! The weather couldn't be better! Not a drop of rain, mostly perfect temp, in the high 70s and in mid/high 50s at night, and sunny!
We left our house Saturday morning by 8:30am and made the 3hr drive up to the Adirondacks. The dogs slept most of the way there. June would stick her head out the window occasionally to get some fresh air.
We spent most of our days doing absolutely nothing at all! The girls had a great time swimming in the lake. June had a blast chasing ducks** in the water and Samantha really enjoyed "diving" and digging out rocks under water!!!
Here are some of the many pictures I took during our trip. I will be posting more pictures in the next few days. Enjoy!
**No ducks were hurt during this process
12 comments:
Yay, YD is back! Those pics look so peaceful and relaxing. I can't wait to see the rest so I can rest vicariously through you. :)
Looks like fun and so relaxing.
Glad to have you back, though.
Camping is so much fun. Camping with Goldens is just glorious!!!! Looks like fun was had by all. I only wish my oldest would like the water. He's a prissy boy! They say the red ones are the most daring and the best swimmers, I would have to agree.
Beautiful...it looks so secluded there! Camping is not as much fun when you can hear your neighbor snoring! Glad you are back but what a blast!
Water, water, WATER - I see it!! I can almost smell it! Oh, sigh. Here in the desert, this is such a sight for sore eyes, my friend!
Nice pictures, YD. Looks like the girls had fun too. I love watching dogs get stuff underwater.
Welcome home!
Debra
You're back! You're back!
We missed you!
Looks like a great time was had by all -- especially the darling pups who made that water look lovely. Goldens have a way of making everything lovely, you know?
Neat camper! I am very envious!
Blessings!
Lacy
Looks like you had a great time. The weather sounded ideal. Exactly what I like warm (not hot) and cool crisp nights.
WVFarmgirl - It was very relaxing. I will probably post more pictures tomorrow(Fri.)
Julie - I'm glad to be back(blogging that is...not glad to be back to work).
Purple Pinkie - My Samantha loves water. She would just lay in there and cool off. June on the other hand is more like Riley. She would only let her 4 legs get wet.
Warren - That place is very beautiful. It's kinda secluded but kinda open at the same time. You can see your neighbors but each site is separated by some trees.
Ann - That's why we love going to that campground.
Debra - Thank you. This is actually Samantha's newest trick...going underwater for ROCKS. Rocks? Not small one, they were bigger size rocks, bigger than a tennis ball!!!
Lacy - We got that camper for a great price the very last minute. We got it for the heat..it's cold up north. We don't really cook in it because what's camping if you don't cook on open fire outside, right?
Hooray - you're back! From the gorgeous pictures it looks like all of you had a great time. Samantha digging for rocks in the water, huh? That is hilarious. I wonder what Cesar Milan would say about that? :-))))
I vote for the next blogpost being about what you cooked while camping! Welcome back - hope you are relaxed and well rested.
Welcome home! You have been missed! Your pictures made we want to be there....and your dogs are fantastic!!!
Juri
Wonderful…. I'm also inspired from your post to plan a camping trip.
Post a Comment