Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not So Cute Bunny

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for stopping by my little place and commenting. I hope you will come back often as I plan to blog as often as I could. There will be lots of yummy recipes, funny stories about my goofy goldens, my garden, and hopefully soon, photos!

I realized that I had left out some very important ingredients in my previous post for the meatloaf recipe: salt & pepper! I normally don't measure salt and pepper, so how much salt & pepper to use is really up to your taste. I sincerely apologize to all my readers.

Now, lets get back to that not-so-cute-bunny. After weeks of anticipation on my 2 rows(about a foot long each row) of peas, I went out to the garden yesterday and boths rows are gone!!! And one of my sunflowers. I know it's that pesky, soon-to-be-dinner bunny! I have seen it in my yard before and in fact my little hunter June almost caught that damn thing. I do have fencing for the garden, to keep my dogs out but now I guess I will have to get some bunny repellent or rabbit fencing soon before my whole garden is gone.

So dear readers, do you have any tried-and-true repellents for those pesky, not-so-cute bunnies? Please share with me your methods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the added info on the recipe. I rarely measure my seasoning either. ;)

I appreciate the dilemma your bunny problem causes. There's a bunny that took up residence under our back porch last fall. We haven't found a way to get it to leave. We love the bunny, but feel it'd be better if it moved to the woodlands or even to our barn...
The bunny brought a friend home the other evening and they had a big time of making merry (so to speak) right out in the open in our driveway. So, I suppose that soon we'll have a flock of bunnies meandering about the yard. lol And then there is our garden about a quarter of an acre away that is sure to be a favorite on the bunny family's best places to go out to eat buffet. ;)
I'm searching for bunny deterrents too. You'd think my dog would be a great repellent, but the bunny is smart and stays out of range of her. Oddly enough, my dog doesn't even seem to know the bunny is around until she sees it meandering in the yard. Gotta love our house-dog, no hunting instincts what so ever... ~rofl~
I hope you resolve your bunny issues soon. It's quite disheartening to try and raise a garden with the added aggravation of it being eaten before the plants can even produce. ~sigh~ Let me know if you find a product that keeps the furry little feasters at bay. :)

I've happily added you to my friend's list. Thank so much for agreeing to be my friend.
You made me smile! :D

Wishing you a wonderful bunny-free rest of the week!
:D

Anonymous said...

We had massive thunder and lightening storms here so I've been unable to spend much time on the computer. I'm sorry to have missed out on your posts!

I see in your most recent post that you may have the solution. I was going to suggest spraying sour apple.

Blessings!
Lacy