After months and months of sleepless nights(well, not really) thinking about whether I should start a blog, I have finally decided to go ahead and get with the program and start one. Here it is - my first blog! Thank you Lacy, my new found friend, for encouraging me to start a blog.
I guess this is a good way to share things with my friends and my family(they live in a different country than me).
So, as a celebration to my very first blog, we are going to have some kicked up meatloaf. Here's my recipe for this awesome meatloaf:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. ground meatloaf mix or ground beef or turkey
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon salsa (hot or mild, depending on your taste. I like to use my own homemade salsa. You can use store bought salsa, I won't judge you.)
1 egg
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Yes, this requires you to get down and dirty, well, your hands at least. So, be sure to remove all your jewelry before starting this messing job. I'm sure you could use a spatula ti mix it up but what fun is that? I like to get my hands dirty. :)
3) Shape the meat mixture into a 7" x 4 1/2" x 2" loaf and place it in a baking dish. You could cook your loaf in a loaf pan but I like the freeform.
4) Bake in the oven for about 1hr or 1hr 15min or until the meat thermometer reads 160 degree.
5) Remove from oven and let stand for 5min.
6) Serve with mashed potato, corn and biscuits. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please come back to visit me often.
9 comments:
Yippee!!! I can't wait to tell everyone about your new blog! I'm also all excited about the meatloaf recipe! You know Josh, my Midwestern man, could happily live on meatloaf and casserole for the rest of his days!
Blessings to you!! I will add a link to your blog in tomorrow's post.
Blessings!
Lacy
~applause~ Congratulations on your new blog! It's wonderful... and now you've got my mouth watering to make that yummy recipe.
Thanks so much for the invite here, I loved my visit and I plan to visit as often as possible. (I get sidetracked sometimes, lol)
Would it be okay if I put you on my friends list? I'd really like that.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Dee
I won't be able to post until tomorrow afternoon/evening because we have the adoption class. Thunk me in the head next time I make plans for anything.
I tell you: I'm a rotten blogging friend.
But I just love your blog and am so happy that you started it. Blogging is a fabulous release of creative energy and a super way to meet new friends!
Blessings!
Lacy
I did it! I finally posted and linked to your blog.
See! I told you I would!
Blessings!
Lacy
Welcome to blogging! I made meatloaf tonight with ground chicken and salsa with a couple slabs of bacon on top, it was yummy! ~Kim
Hi YD. I read about your blog at Lacy's place, so I'm coming by to say hi and to congratulate you on staring a blog. You might find it gets quite addicting... LOL
The meatloaf recipe sounds absolutely yummy; I'll have to give it a try. :)
Have a great day and a great week! :)
Coming over from Lacy's to say "Hi" and "Welcome"!
Most of my family is spread out over the U.S. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in different countries! LOL!
Hello There!
I hope you're feeling well and enjoying the sunshine.
How's your garden doing? Any new sprouts yet? I look forward to hearing about it's progress.
I thought I'd pop in and wish you a fabulous rest the week!
:)
Lacy, thank you for linking my blog from yours. I will be adding a friends list soon and I will definitely add you to my list.
Dee, I would be honored to be added to your friends list. Would it be oley if I add you on my list as well?
Country Girl, Holly & Crossview, Thank you for stopping by. Please come back often.
Post a Comment