Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hot Pepper Wax!


No, I'm not talking about unwanted hair removal products.

Remember that not-so-cute bunny I was talking about? Well, this product is(hopefully) going to keep it away from using my garden as it's own private salad bar!

After researching about rabbit repellents for a few hours, I found this product called Hot Pepper Wax Insect/Animal Repellent. It is completely biodegradable and contains no harmful chemicals.
Hot Pepper Wax is a patented combination of hot Cayenne Pepper and a highly refined paraffin wax that makes the pepper stay put.
I ordered a 16 oz concentrated bottle today. I guess we'll find out if this stuff really works in a week or two. In the mean time, you could check out their website yourself: http://www.hotpepperwax.com/Home/Home.html

6 comments:

Julie said...

Hi! Just popped over from Lacy's. Welcome to the blogoshpere.

We don't have bunnies, but I have a husband who loves hot peppers! I wonder if I could us it to attract him? ; )

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this info & link. I'm going to surf over and check this stuff out.
We may need something like this soon. ;)
I hope you'll post an update on how it worked for you.

Wishing you All the best with the bunny battle.
Have a dandy of a day!
:)

CrossView said...

Can't wait to hear how it works! My first thought when I saw the photo was that it was some sort of unwamted hair removal product! LOL!

Julie said...

That would be lovely, YD. I would love to be counted as one of your friends. : ) I will try to be worthy.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Those little punk rabbits decimated our peas too, and were working on our bell pepper plants. Then my mother-in-law told me to make a mixture of cayenne pepper, crushed garlic, and a little water and pour it over the plants. And it worked. But I do have to re-apply after rain or watering, so this product probably will work better.

Barb J. said...

Let me know if this works. I have some animals (cats) that I want to keep out of my garden, but I don't want to hurt them. BTW, thanks for visiting my blog!