Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas Meme

Sorry friends for being MIA since Thanksgiving. I have been very busy with work and it probably will be this way until after the new year. I have tried to stop by a few blogs to visit, some I have commented but some I didn't. I will try to visit more often.

Here's a fun Christmas meme I saw over at The Fraker Farm today. I thought I would copy her idea and do this at my blog. Please play along by answering one question in the comment.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No presents
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? if I do usually the first weekend in December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love all food
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? We used to go out carolling on Christmas eve(on a bus, going to church members' houses) and our house is always the last house. Usually it's after midnight before we got to our house. It was fun.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know. I don't think we "believed" in Santa bringing gifts.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With very little decorations, I don't like a "loaded" Christmas tree. The bottom of the tree is usually bare because of the dogs.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Love it love it love it! Especially at Christmas time!
12. Can you ice skate? Not at all.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with loved ones
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All desserts!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? None
17. What tops your Christmas tree? usually a bow
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Where are you Christmas, Have yourself a Merry little Christmas & White Christmas
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Not yuck but not yum either. Neutral i guess
21. What do you want for Christmas? All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth. I just had to type this. Now I have this song stuck with me.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? No
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? just normal clothes
24. Do you own a Santa hat? at one time, not anymore
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? hubby and my girls

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do the bow atop the tree as well...I love it!

Julie said...

We normally spend Christmas at our house - with all of our family. We are blessed to have both my sisters and their families, my brother, my parents, my aunt, my uncle and his family, and a few changing tag-alongs come over each year. People start arriving for breakfast and stay until dark. It's wonderful and I love it. It's my favorite day of the year.

Kathryn and Ari said...

What a great meme. I can't decide which question to answer. Here's a quirky tradition in our house: my brother and I have, since junior high, run up a giant hill near our house, which involves us crossing 4 lanes of traffic. Then we go home and make a coffee cake. Not sure what that is supposed to symbolize, but it's always a good time!